306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Help me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not mechanical at all, but I'm just wondering is it hard work to take off a boot and put a new one on?
you will need to be able to solder.

need a hand with weight of boot.

need also a screwdriver and spanner/socket set
Fairly easy, hardest bit is probably the laces.
(04-10-2013, 09:10 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Fairly easy, hardest bit is probably the laces.

The laces??
(04-10-2013, 09:21 PM)Mac22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2013, 09:10 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]Fairly easy, hardest bit is probably the laces.

The laces??

Seriously? Even I got that...... lol

Assuming you mean a CV boot though, they're a pain in the arse tbh, easier to swap the shaft or get a stretchy one.
lmao Alex

The laces??

lol

Boot laces?

You dont have to chop and solder the wires. You can also take off the rear drivers trim and unplug it but its a bastard pulling the old cables/plugs out and new ones through.
defo a 2 man job though
Oh, he means a TAILGATE? That makes more sense. Doh
yeah hence why I said solder.

its a chance to make them little longer too so to avoid future wire issues
Lol considering iv never Leant about cars or been into them how am I supposed to no? While you were playing with cars I was playing football! So put me on a pitch with you and I'd demolish you! But if you put me in a Garege with any of you would demolish me! Haha ok Mate thanks!

Learnt"

Think il just get a knowledgable guy to do it!! Haha
lol Mate don't take offence to it, we're all friends here, they're just messing around Wink
None offence taken,
Yeah we are all just piss taking bastards really. Especially Poodle. Well actually, hes just a lady garden but thats another story.
kick ya ass in the garage, on track or on the pitch! Tongue
(04-10-2013, 09:34 PM)Mac22 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol considering iv never Leant about cars or been into them how am I supposed to no? While you were playing with cars I was playing football! So put me on a pitch with you and I'd demolish you! But if you put me in a Garege with any of you would demolish me! Haha ok Mate thanks!

Learnt"

Think il just get a knowledgable guy to do it!! Haha

Now I know what you mean, it's not that difficult as has been said above. You might as well give it a go...with a knowledgeable mate if possible. I've removed a couple on my own, but wouldn't be able to refit without help!

Apart from whats been said above, you also need to remove the struts that hold it open, they have a little C clip which you need to pull out with a thin screwdriver.
Ok mate thank you, il get some help, at the moment iv just covered up the window with waterproofs and cardboard and duck tape!! I'm just useless win cars

This made me laugh ALOT
Haha sorry couldn't resist. Big Grin

I actually thought you meant a cv boot too, brain fail. A reel of solder and a blow torch works fine, soldering wires back together really is easy, and bolting the boot in position even easier if you've got a mate helping. Will just take a bit of time if you're new to mechanics.
I put 2+2 together and made 4 unlike most of you!!

he posts that he needs a boot with a pic of his current boot with the window complete smashed...then this thread...seemed logical to me! Tongue
Sorry, dont spend all day keping track of other peoples threads, my bad. :p
(04-10-2013, 09:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]

The laces??

Assuming you mean a CV boot though, they're a pain in the arse tbh, easier to swap the shaft or get a stretchy one.

If you've gone through all the trouble of getting the driveshaft ready for removal, drained the gearbox etc, how is it not easier to just I do the hub nut, and slide a new boot on?!?
(04-10-2013, 09:08 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]you will need to be able to solder. - You don't

need a hand with weight of boot. - Not if you have normal length arms

need also a screwdriver and spanner/socket set - Yes

Its an easy job mate, I could do it on my own in 5 mins if I was really trying and if you were local id offer to give you a hand.

Basically use a Torx (T27 IIRC) driver to remove both C pilllar trims. Undo the boot earth on the Nearside with a 10mm socket and the washer hose there also then the 3 wiring plugs on the nearside.

Use a small pry bar or flat bladed screwdriver to remove the metal clips from the top of the boot rams and pop them off then undo the 4 10 or 13mm nuts on the boot hinges and the boot is off.

Refitting is the reverse of removal but don't fully tighten the hinge bolts so you can ump the boot around on the hinges to properly align it.
(05-10-2013, 10:17 AM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2013, 09:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-10-2013, 09:21 PM)Mac22 Wrote: [ -> ]The laces??

If you've gone through all the trouble of getting the driveshaft ready for removal, drained the gearbox etc, how is it not easier to just I do the hub nut, and slide a new boot on?!?

That's fine if you've got a stretchy boot. For the conventional ones you need to remove the CV joint first which is a pain...especially without a vice!
yeah dont cut the wires. thats just making the job harder IMO just remove the piller trim s and pull the headlinner away slightly and push the wires thro. bosh job done

then your car wont keep braking down due to pikey bodges eh james? Tongue
Heh, you guys are failing here. Even though he means car boot you still cannot remove and refit a car boot due to the simple fact that it is a cavity within the car. It is a space. How are you supposed to remove a space from somewhere!? lol
All fixed.. Bought about and swapped the glass over, took about 2 hours getting the we glass out!!! Then used the rubber filler that it had before to put it in place.. Saved me loads now I don't have to spray it!! Only problem I had was it doesn't come wit he spoiler that dturbos have!

Thanks for the advice and help tho guys!
(05-10-2013, 11:18 PM)Mac22 Wrote: [ -> ]All fixed.. Bought about and swapped the glass over, took about 2 hours getting the we glass out!!! Then used the rubber filler that it had before to put it in place.. Saved me loads now I don't have to spray it!! Only problem I had was it doesn't come wit he spoiler that dturbos have!

Thanks for the advice and help tho guys!

Just tiger seal spoiler on sorted Wink