306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Your Next Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So guys, what do you plan on buying when the time comes to move on from the 306? It could be a newer and more refined car, or it could be something old school and retro.

Obviously I went for the R26, it seemed like a good step up from the 306, and I love the look of them (yes, I know they're a bit marmite with dat ass). Next car for me is a few years down the line and I can't say I've thought about it all too much just yet.

Relevant:
[Image: 93147.jpg]
I guess I need not comment? lol

Although at some point I want another mk2 Golf to get the full treatment including a 20VT.

Oh and if I win the lottery I'm buying an S15.
I'm a little fed up of the hdi now, had it 3 years as my daily but Im looking for something newer/ bigger. Been looking at a4 and Passat diesel estate from like 2005 onwards. Its just finding one for the right cash and that's not done 150k miles.

As for the Rallye, I don't think that will be getting replaced any time soon. Coming upto 8 years of ownership now.
My current plans are to get the stage two sorted on the wagon and keep it as a daily then some point next year start a 505 estate project, going to be a long term one with big plans but will have to see if they materialise.
Dunno, fact is it'll be after I graduate, as I can't afford anything that'd do as good a job as my car. Eventually I think I'll either run mine as a daily and then have something else as a weekender (either an MX-5, or something old i.e. 205/309/505 or even more quirky) orrrr I'll get a 406 2.2 HDi executive saloon as a daily, lowered on some nice 17s and then keep going with the 306 project.
(03-10-2013, 10:56 AM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]I guess I need not comment? lol

Although at some point I want another mk2 Golf to get the full treatment including a 20VT.

Oh and if I win the lottery I'm buying an S15.
lol
I'd love to see that on a Mk2! With ALL the boost.

(03-10-2013, 10:56 AM)ben306 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little fed up of the hdi now, had it 3 years as my daily but Im looking for something newer/ bigger. Been looking at a4 and Passat diesel estate from like 2005 onwards. Its just finding one for the right cash and that's not done 150k miles.

As for the Rallye, I don't think that will be getting replaced any time soon. Coming upto 8 years of ownership now.
Jeez that's a long time for owning just the one car! Are you still doing track days in it?

(03-10-2013, 10:57 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: [ -> ]My current plans are to get the stage two sorted on the wagon and keep it as a daily then some point next year start a 505 estate project, going to be a long term one with big plans but will have to see if they materialise.
A 505 would be amazing! I can't say I've seen many come up for sale though...
Zafira..... Not fast as its guns be a 1.8 auto, but will be big enuff for all my lot and will look mint once done, not got the car yet and allreddy have parts for it lol
Theres never many but usualy a couple at least, theres a gti sedan gone from £3500 down to £595. All i need is a decent condition shell really.
3 door 306 Wink once it's ready.

Would also like a series 2/3 tax exempt land rover.
I'd probably buy a BM.... Oh wait Tongue
Well id quite like an evo but hey you can dream hahaha!!
(03-10-2013, 11:12 AM)Sian Wrote: [ -> ]Well id quite like an evo but hey you can dream hahaha!!
Well it does have 5 doors, so way more practical for the kids Rofl
Lada riva tbh

yes ^^^ if i didn't have kids i would so have one
VW caddy as a daily to replace the van when the time comes. What toy I get next depends on budget really, either a retro project or an accord type r, always wanted one and they're awesome value these days.
(03-10-2013, 11:23 AM)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]accord type r

Good choice, I so nearly bought one a while back...
Well the next car is either gonna be a MK Indy 'busa RR or a Hardy County Rod

However what I get when I sell the 306 will be some sort of twin turbo diesel. Either BMWs 123d or 535d or an old Audi A8 4.0TTDi Quattro depending on if I'm feeling grown up enough to behave myself with rear wheel drive or not with well north of 300bhp when tuned.
307 HDI (1.6)
(03-10-2013, 11:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]depending on if I'm feeling grown up enough to behave myself with rear wheel drive

Be serious Chris lol

(03-10-2013, 11:29 AM)adamm306 Wrote: [ -> ]307 HDI (1.6)

So you're going for a newer, uglier, less reliable 306...?
(03-10-2013, 11:23 AM)Pete Wrote: [ -> ]VW caddy as a daily to replace the van when the time comes. What toy I get next depends on budget really, either a retro project or an accord type r, always wanted one and they're awesome value these days.
The ATR would be very cool! I'd been looking at them a while back as well (when I had the 406 and was loving barge-life) as well but decided to go for another 306 when the coupe was written off.
(03-10-2013, 11:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]However what I get when I sell the 306 will be some sort of twin turbo diesel. Either BMWs 123d or 535d or an old Audi A8 4.0TTDi Quattro depending on if I'm feeling grown up enough to behave myself with rear wheel drive or not with well north of 300bhp when tuned.
I can't imagine you in a 123d, they're far too refined and new (not to mention small)! I could imagine you in an older 535d though. Your old estate was cool, apart from the fuel leaks and rust lol
Good shout. I've gotta admit I did start looking at the estates on PH last night after seeing the lowered one from Portugal, it looked win!
I get through several cars a year as it is anyway but one day I'd quite like an old yank tank like a 73 mustang mach1 or a supra to wack a Holset Hx60 on :-P
(03-10-2013, 11:34 AM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2013, 11:26 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]depending on if I'm feeling grown up enough to behave myself with rear wheel drive

Be serious Chris lol

So you're going for a newer, uglier, less reliable 306...?

I wouldn't say they were ugly just more modern and they can look win when modified correclty

also the 1.6 hdi can be a monster

dont blame you scott id probably have a 'state aswell planning ahead for a family with the mrs and all that Tongue
Mk2 Golf
Mk1 MX5
Mk1 MR2

One of the above, but as a second car, can't think of a better daily than the DT...
Ill stick with 306 till I can afford to insure a Evo8
(03-10-2013, 11:48 AM)adamm306 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say they were ugly just more modern and they can look win when modified correclty

also the 1.6 hdi can be a monster

Fair enough Smile that one posted recently looks very good I have to say.
I'll stay out of this one!
(03-10-2013, 12:00 PM)Just Sean Wrote: [ -> ]I'll stay out of this one!

Probably a good idea! haha

Plans are to keep my 306 'till I retire. Have it as a mid life crisis project ready and waiting. For a more sensible daily when (read IF) I grow up, a Nissan Navara with BFO lift kit! haha
(03-10-2013, 11:01 AM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2013, 10:56 AM)ben306 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm a little fed up of the hdi now, had it 3 years as my daily but Im looking for something newer/ bigger. Been looking at a4 and Passat diesel estate from like 2005 onwards. Its just finding one for the right cash and that's not done 150k miles.

Jeez that's a long time for owning just the one car! Are you still doing track days in it?

Yeah, Still doing trackdays in it, although the last 18 months I haven't been on circuit with it due to our wedding last year.

Hoping to be back out on track with it before the years out. Just got a fresh mot on it this week, spent a bit of cash sorting a few bit but its just the gearbox that's worrying me at the moment.
Well I already got a 406, but I guess I'd have a Volvo or a newer ecobus of some kind. That'd suffice as a daily/tow vehicle.

And in all honesty I can't see myself selling the estate, but if I did I'd probably go for a Caterham or Westfield as a weekend toy. Or a really old school estate.
I'd really like a classic shape Impreza, but unchavved ones that are in good nick seem to be getting rarer now. Might have to suffice with buying a chavved one and saving it. Wanted one since i was a young boy, watching Colin McRae blasting through the WRC with one. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4