306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bypassing rear load compensator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone got any pics of how they did this please or a general run down of what i need to do please?
Remove it, join the lines and fit a manual bias valve.

I can't remember exactly, but it's 2 lines in and 2 lines out?

I know if you don't fit a bias valve, it'll be dead easy to lock up the rear end, sometimes before the front. and it'll want to spin if you brake hard.
ok ill take a proper look later cheers mate
(21-09-2013, 01:29 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]I know if you don't fit a bias valve, it'll be dead easy to lock up the rear end, sometimes before the front. and it'll want to spin if you brake hard.

Sorry but thats total bollocks, it really isnt that extreme
(21-09-2013, 02:31 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2013, 01:29 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]I know if you don't fit a bias valve, it'll be dead easy to lock up the rear end, sometimes before the front. and it'll want to spin if you brake hard.

depends what front brakes you've got on Connor, 283's it's fine, 247's and i can vouch for the fact that you don't want to be doing emergency stops . .Smile
247s are fine too, from personal experience
(21-09-2013, 02:56 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]247s are fine too, from personal experience

well they're not from mine lol . . . .and i have emergency stopped with that setup, ended up sideways, fine fine fine under normal or hardish braking though . . . .i would advise against it although i drove like that for ages before i got put in a situation where i realised . .Smile
you shouldnt need a bias valve in place of it.

if you got drums at the rear and 247s it should be ok.

but discs at rear and 247s and you may have issues

I know it's not that extreme, that's why I said "sometimes". Hello

If the back end wouldn't lock up, why would there be a need for a load sensing valve in the first place? Popcorn
(21-09-2013, 04:33 PM)Martin306 Wrote: [ -> ]

I know it's not that extreme, that's why I said "sometimes". Hello

If the back end wouldn't lock up, why would there be a need for a load sensing valve in the first place? Popcorn
Piggy just talks bollox on a regular basis, i'm getting slowly used to it, cba biting anymore tbh . .Smile
My compansater is tooshed and I have drums on rear. Trust me it always wants to switch on you under heavy braking
then your front brakes are 'tooshed' aswell
some bull being spouted in here, my old car with no compensator, 247's, new discs and pads, and a perfectly adjusted large drum handshake (3 clicks) locked the back up under emergency braking.....close fcuking thread \ x
i've bypassed mine when switching to rear disc beam, had no problems, 6' brakes up front however.
Mine will lock the rears with drums without the compensators in, even with 307 brakes and race pads up front.
No ill effects on mine, been running for over a year on 266 fronts and gti rear beam with no compensator, you do have to make a bracket for the brake line though if your taking it off a beam, I just took an angle grinder to the compensator to make one
(25-10-2013, 01:06 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ], even with 307 brakes and race pads up front.

Are 307 brakes all stock fitment to a 306?
283 and 300mm size (no point with the 266s!), handy upgrade there right?