306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: ECU number '249'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Has anyone got an ECU with '249' on it? I've written a couple of stage 2.5 maps for my hybrid turbo'd 306 HDi and just want to ask a couple of questions...

JP
??? questions
if its to test the map you will be lucky to get someone to test an unknown map
I've got a HDi with a hybrid turbo, big clutch, intercooler etc etc and 2 ECU's so I can brick one! :-)... I'll test my own mapping ;-) Seems to be running ok so far and making some good power, but I wanted to ask where people with mapped motors, on this ECU number would see any smoke if any, and rev limits they run into / how the fuelling tails off etc.

JP
you might be better talking with Pro-steve or whippy both seem to have disappeared again though
How did you write maps? I really want to know!
Erm, read books, learn how ecus work, buy the right equipment, get the right software and be careful!
Start searching, it's a very hostile place out there when searching about and everyone will rip you a new one for asking the wrong thing... Ask the right thing and you might start to get a bit of help...

I rekon it's been ~1.5 years and I'd only just really be confident enough to start playing properly with EDC15s...
Correct Ruan! I started learning about these about 6 or 7 years ago when I had a Golf TDi and always kept my eye in since then really.

First couple of maps I wrote were terrible, but they worked. More recently, they've been ok!

JP
Ive got a compelte ecu / bsi / key etc, but bit of a farce to change the lot i guess.
I'd probably just write the immobiliser out Darren, much easier.... Are you running an ECU on yours now then?
Ah good to see someone managing to make some progress with mapping, fingers crossed you get the results you're after!
(20-09-2013, 07:39 AM)jammapic Wrote: [ -> ]I'd probably just write the immobiliser out Darren, much easier.... Are you running an ECU on yours now then?

If you're on a 249 you can't write the immo out in e2prom Wink

That's only on 3 plug ECUs...

If you've got a chip flasher and an soic8 clip you have to reflash the 5p08 immo chip on the board.
Soldering is my forté ;-)
Surely it's easier to get an SOIC8 clip and do it rather than desoldering and then having to get an SOIC8 to DIP8 adapter?