306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: head bolts tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any one no what size tool I need for the head bolts on gti6? And can any one recommend a good tool don't wanna buy one and it snap on me

Thanks in advance Smile
A BFO breaker bar imo
(19-09-2013, 03:05 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]A BFO breaker bar imo

lol yer guessed I would need one of them, need to no the torques bit thingy size
There t50 on a d turbo not sure if there same, buy a black impact one standard ones just shatter
Yeah this ^^ shattering torx bits ftl
from my experience when they shatter they either ruin the torx head on the bolt or the shrapnel gets fired into your forearm/hand or if your really lucky both happens!

so yea impact torx ftw
They are a t55 on the 6 engine and you need a extra long one like

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T55-STAR-BIT-1...0888940095

(not that cheap though. It will just end up chewed up!)
this is the one i have chris

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T55-Torx-Bit-S...19c92cffa4

there t55 on a d turbo as well just checked my tool.
(19-09-2013, 04:30 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]this is the one i have chris

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T55-Torx-Bit-S...19c92cffa4

there t55 on a d turbo as well just checked my tool.

Nice one thanks this will be ok then? Seems cheap still lol

Also will it be long enough?
i use that and a extension bar, its impact so it wont shatter designed to be used on impact guns, ive had a breaker bar with scaff pole on the end undoing some things and its fine Smile
(19-09-2013, 04:53 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]i use that and a extension bar, its impact so it wont shatter designed to be used on impact guns, ive had a breaker bar with scaff pole on the end undoing some things and its fine Smile

Just want to make sure its long enough to reach the bolts if that's all good will get it ordered Smile
never had a problem on d turbos mate just need a little extension on the torx so the breaker bar will fit on
Yoink! Wink
(19-09-2013, 05:01 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]never had a problem on d turbos mate just need a little extension on the torx so the breaker bar will fit on

Ok mate thanks, p.s dont for get them injectors I'm saveing you

(19-09-2013, 05:41 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]Yoink! Wink

Say what?
(19-09-2013, 06:40 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]

Say what?

i said i said in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn

Yoink!

i just bought one Wink
i havent forgot mate ill probably be over at weekend ill text you anyway Smile
(19-09-2013, 06:49 PM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]
(19-09-2013, 06:40 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]

Say what?

i said i said in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn

Yoink!

i just bought one Wink

lol I ordered one to hope it does the job tho worried it might not be long enough

(19-09-2013, 07:05 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]i havent forgot mate ill probably be over at weekend ill text you anyway Smile

Ok mate no worrys
I use a 3/8 drive snap on one, when i bought it i thought it would not be upto the job but iv had it on a 3/8 to 1/2 adapter then a 1200mm breaker bar with a scaffold tube one the end and its still like new
They can be male or female Torx bolts, Whip the cam cover off and check, the replacements can be either type too
the tool come today, its done the job great but its extremely tight in the head bolt closest to the gear box had to make sure i hammered the socket down as nearly rounded it off. Not done the exhaust side bolts yet tho as need to get manifold off.

Getting there now might have the head off next week lol
Glad it's done the job mate came quick enough didn't it
(21-09-2013, 11:42 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad it's done the job mate came quick enough didn't it

Defo did Smile
(21-09-2013, 11:13 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]the tool come today, its done the job great but its extremely tight in the head bolt closest to the gear box had to make sure i hammered the socket down as nearly rounded it off. Not done the exhaust side bolts yet tho as need to get manifold off.

2 problems there. Firstly, your supposed to undo them in a set pattern and you havent and secondly, please tell me you havent left it with one side tightened down and the other not?
(21-09-2013, 06:30 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(21-09-2013, 11:13 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: [ -> ]the tool come today, its done the job great but its extremely tight in the head bolt closest to the gear box had to make sure i hammered the socket down as nearly rounded it off. Not done the exhaust side bolts yet tho as need to get manifold off.

2 problems there. Firstly, your supposed to undo them in a set pattern and you havent and secondly, please tell me you havent left it with one side tightened down and the other not?

Hmmmmmm yer lol to be fair the head isn't going back on so should be ok right? Or am I wrong?

I thought it was Just a set Patten to tighten them up not undo them?
Your supposed to undo them in a pattern aswel mate but can't see a problem really, it can warp/twist the head if you don't do it in the set pattern but as you got a different head goin on don't see a problem
(21-09-2013, 08:56 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Your supposed to undo them in a pattern aswel mate but can't see a problem really, it can warp/twist the head if you don't do it in the set pattern but as you got a different head goin on don't see a problem

Oh right lol oh well it is a learning curve Big Grin
Shouldnt really damage the block. Will find out when you rebuild it Big Grin
You know for future now like you said you got it to learn from Smile