306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: How to tell if a beam has been lowered?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a Xsara VTS beam in my garage, but it looks as though it may have been lowered already

This would be a blessing lol, does anyone have any measurements between certain points on the beam to determine if it has been lowered? Smile

inb4 'put it on the car and look' because I'm poor atm :p

Thanks
xsara vts beam is about 30-40mm lower than standard anyway . .Smile
(14-09-2013, 11:40 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]xsara vts beam is about 30-40mm lower than standard anyway . .Smile

Oh nice one cheers Smile

The one I have on atm is just the normal HDi one, heard this is a GTi one as standard? not sure but it has red torsion bars Smile

Would it still be 30-40mm lower on the hdi?

But that's a massive relief knowing I won't have to f*ck about with it Wink
i'm pretty sure it'll be lower than standard maybe a tad lower than a gti but i'm not 100%, it'll be slightly higher on the HDI as the engine weighs less than a gti6 lump . .Smile
(14-09-2013, 03:35 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm pretty sure it'll be lower than standard maybe a tad lower than a gti but i'm not 100%, it'll be slightly higher on the HDI as the engine weighs less than a gti6 lump . .Smile

But the axles at the back of the car :/
(14-09-2013, 06:02 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-09-2013, 03:35 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i'm pretty sure it'll be lower than standard maybe a tad lower than a gti but i'm not 100%, it'll be slightly higher on the HDI as the engine weighs less than a gti6 lump . .Smile

But the axles at the back of the car :/

fcuk i'm tired lol . . . . sorry new baby and i'm a zombie . . pmsl . .
Ive got VTS beam on my car, and it was 40mm lower then the drum beam I got rid of. Pritty happy with the ride height so never changed it Big Grin
Put it on the car and see? Tongue
Can tell a beam is lowered if the trailing arm is in the way of your tools when you try to take the lower bolts out holding the front beam mount
The beam iv got is like 60mm or so, and even with a spanner the bolt wouldnt actually be able to come out since the trailing arm is in the way (off the car)
Thanks for the replies all ill have a closer look tomorrow Smile

This is a picture of it from the side, sorry it's not the best lol
Looks like mine did this is the drop I had when I fitted the same beam.

[attachment=10279]
[attachment=10280]