306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hello from God's country!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. Newbie here from Yorkshire. I've been looking on the forum for a while and finally joined. Thinking of buying a 306 as a daily as I prefer the old school stuff. Will no doubt need some help choosing and will also be asking a few daft questions along the way.

Cheers,

Steven
Welcome
Welcome mate.....hmmmmm buying a 306 as a daily is that wise lol.....
(12-09-2013, 07:59 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome mate.....hmmmmm buying a 306 as a daily is that wise lol.....

I was hoping you could tell me. Why not - they seem to go on forever and are reliable.

(12-09-2013, 08:06 PM)athingofbeauty Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-09-2013, 07:59 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome mate.....hmmmmm buying a 306 as a daily is that wise lol.....

I was hoping you could tell me. Why not - they seem to go on forever and are reliable.

By the way - it's "threwt week and threwt window". Smile
Get anything witht the 1.9 xud will be ultra reliable in standard form Wink
(12-09-2013, 08:14 PM)Jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]Get anything witht the 1.9 xud will be ultra reliable in standard form Wink

Cheers. I'm leaning to the 1.9 XUD as it appears simpler to work on / mend? I'm not planning on running veggie oil so thinking of a 2000 model perhaps. Does that make sense?
Did the XUD go on til 2000? Thought it was replaced by the HDi then. which if you just want a engine that works without fiddling I'd say go for
Yeah the HDi came out in '99, T reg is the crossover, some XUD, some HDi. Don't usually see XUDs later than that.
Its whether you manage to keep the xud standard, or whether you get an itch to scratch :/
So if the 306 is a daily what's your weekend whip? :-)
Welcome along Smile

welcome fellow Yorkshire person . . . . .actually you're both wrong it's, "through t' week and through t' window . . . . but i'll let you both off this once . .Wink
Now then pal, welcome. Loads o' Yorkshire folk round 'ere, 'av a look in't meets section, rolling round meet in October Smile
(13-09-2013, 08:09 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]Now then pal, welcome. Loads o' Yorkshire folk round 'ere, 'av a look in't meets section, rolling round meet in October Smile

int' . . .lol
welcome buddy if you're wanting to run veg oil you'll be after an older model with the bosch fuel pump not the lucas bosch are mostly found on phase 1 but even if you get a lucas its not a big deal swapping them over Smile
Welcome Smile dturbo for the win
Welcome to the forum fellow Yarkshireman...! Big Grin
What feckin language are you all speaking??!!!

Ha ha welcome bud!

I shan't suggest a car as everyone knows my suggestions are gas guzzles lol
(12-09-2013, 11:02 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]So if the 306 is a daily what's your weekend whip? :-)

The wife!

(12-09-2013, 10:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah the HDi came out in '99, T reg is the crossover, some XUD, some HDi. Don't usually see XUDs later than that.

Just shows how little I know. God bless the forum and all those that put useful stuff on it. I'd like a late XUD motor then so on an 'S' or 'T'. I'm doing 240m a week on A roads and a third of it on very narrow windy steep up and down B roads - some of them first gear so need to reduce my fuel bill. Not sure about veggie oil - I can't really be bothered with all that malarchy. I have a Forester at the moment and its doing 26mpg when I drive like a vicar!!!
(13-09-2013, 07:51 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]

(12-09-2013, 08:06 PM)athingofbeauty Wrote: [ -> ]I was hoping you could tell me. Why not - they seem to go on forever and are reliable.

welcome fellow Yorkshire person . . . . .actually you're both wrong it's, "through t' week and through t' window . . . . but i'll let you both off this once . .Wink

Lol im right hes right your right lol it all says same thing tho lol
Nah then. Whereabouts in this fine county do you hail from?
Falihax, near Cleckhuddersford and Brigarss. Reyt side et border tha knows.
Not far from me, I'm in Holywell green near Elland tha knows!