306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: smoke on boost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought, The HDI has a wippy s1 on it, but past 3k its quite smokey on full boost, & maintaining 15psi, so this is obviously unburnt fuel, so can i wind the boost up on the turbo a couple psi to compensate for the extra fuel?

Oh and before you ask, yes iv cleaned the air filter & its a K&N so guessing its not just because its being chocked on boost,

also decat straight through so no restrictions there
You shouldn't have to turn it up on stage one, maybe maf is faulty? tried unplugging it?
didnt come up on the fault code finder so im guessing not,

i no you shouldnt but if i can = winning
I don't think it always creates a code, I'd just unplug it and see
Quite possibly the MAF, they die faster with K&N filters as the filter oil hurts them.

You could turn the boost up a turn or 2 though but I'm not sure how much faster your likely to go.
MAF yo. I had the same on S1 map these last few weeks. Substituted MAF and it's all kosher.
K&ns eat mafs for fun, sack it off, they're no better anyway. Mafs dont usually throw a code when they die because they still stay within the parameters expected by the ecu.