306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: fitment advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright guys been looking for new wheels for a while now, want something wider. I have a few questions though as I'm not sure on what specs to go with for the right stance.

So first of all I cant decide whether to go for 17s or 16s as I feel it will be easier to get the arch nearer flush with the rim with 17s.

Also been looking at 8j or some 7.5j but I can't decide if 8j with around et 10 will be too much poke as I just want the rim flush with the rear arch. Et10 gives me 35mm more poke over what I have now.

Any advice?
17 x 8 sounds very big for a 306. I know im running 8s and a big drop on 15" but i wouldnt want to get 17s with tyres in a 306 arch. Tbh id go 16 x 8 and make them fit.
My borbets. 16 inch 7.5j 15mm spacers. Sorted.
The 7.5 definately is easier to fit as I don't want major work, but then I look back to the moonstone hdi on the fake borbet splits and they were 16x8 et 5 or something and that seemed to fit

oh and when I drop from a 17" (challengers) to a 16", what will the difference be in arch gap, will I need to lower more to get the arch flush with the lip of the rim again ?
Just to bump this, looking at a set of 16 x 8s with an et of 5. How is this likely to sit as I'm very low atm ( damn near top of the rim on 17" challengers? I want it just to sit flush with the rim with just an arch roll but not a flare as I don't want to loose the shape of the arch

any advice?
www.willtheyfit.com

They're not going to fit with just a slight roll.
Yeah I've been on it alot lol. Just hard to work out exactly what offset I'd need on 8s.

so this is what I've got...

[attachment=10329]