306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: need a quick answer gearbox mount
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, is there a spacer that goes on the stud through the gearbox mount ive just taken mine off and there is no spacer, & should the spacer be a tight fit in the mount. Thanks
Not sure what you mean about a spacer, the gearbox mount isn't a tight fit on that stud, even when new.
It supposed to sit on the stud where the 19mm nut screws on to, i'll post some pics later
Check it's not stuck in the mount?
There is a washer UNDER the stud, where it fits into the gearbox. There is a small washer with a flat on it which sits on top of the mount before the top nut goes on.
Yes there should be a spacer, couiple inches long bit of steel tube, likely stuck in the mount...it should be a snug fit inside the rubber part of the mount
Orly?? None of mine have been a snug fit, that explains why none of the mounts have been stiff enough for me... Confused
If you cut it down a tad and tighten it tight you can make them stiffer, redneck modding lol.
Hahahah nice!

Tbh I dont really see the issue with bolting it straight to the chassis. Wink