306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: More-Door 306 HDI (Cynthia)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, my green 306 1.4 LX has gone to the great car graveyard in the sky, a woman decided not to look when coming onto a roundabout that I was turning right on, so came full pelt into the front left of my car. Straight write off. So I replaced it with another 1.4, this time meridian.

However, within 2 weeks had bought myself a 2001 HDI 5 door LX, in an absolute state with 160,000 mile and quite a lot of things wrong with it. They've now all be fixed to the tune of quite a few hundred, but she now pulls like a train.

At the moment she has a straight through to a standard back box, just for MOT, then puttin a proper back box on. Running on 205 GTI alloys, and to start I'm going to bring her down 40mm, as there is an exceptionally high speed ramp outside my work that she already scrapes goin over, and then see if I want to go any lower.

I also have an Espace splitter and a new front bumper to go on. She has the half leather interior out of a Phase 2 306, so the air bag light is on atm, anybody know how to get rid of the airbag light without having to change seats? (Already tried taking the bulb out, but it needs to light up for MOT Sad )
It doesn't need to light up for mot.
If its illuminated its a fail if it doest show with ignition its an advise
My uncle put a car through MOT there last week, and it failed for not having the Air bag light come on. Could be different between England and Northern Ireland ya see. But just gonna stick the original seats back in for MOT, then swap out again.
It needs to illuminate for the mot if it has airbags visible to the tester. The issue is usually the connectors under the front seats, a quick clean and adjustment should do the trick. Failing that it might be worth dropping cully a pm about resistors.
Thought it was almost euro spec or am I missing something?

Have a search mate there is a good guide by cully for getting round the air bag light for mot
Slam it, speeed bumps round my area hate my car Wink
Haha yeah, it's because the original seats had airbags, then the half leather I put in didn't have airbags so the light came on. I'll check the guide and see, gonna put in the old seats just for mot anyway.

If I had the money I'd have her on banded steels, but sadly budget only allows so much! Gettin it through MOT first is my main thing. Then get her down and go on from there. Not really mad plans for her, stage one remap, finish the straight through and lowering are my main thing. Put a set of 5mm spacers on her today, will maybe get better photos of her later, rains pissin down ATM!
So slight update on what she is now, had her lowered with coil overs in the front, next on my list is getting the front bumper sorted, but its an after Christmas job. Also have a set of 16" MIM Raffinos waiting for me, then that'll be most of my plans so far.

I had originally thought about getting a remap, but because of her having 166,000 miles now, I thought better of it. Runs sweet, starts no bother, even in -2.
If its a good well looked after engine 166k with a map will be fine.
She's well looked after by me at least. Service history to 110,000 and got her at 157,000 so hopefully it was looked after for those 47,000 miles! I'm getting it serviced every 6000 now.
Have you cut the middle of the bumper out?
How is it euro spec?

Looks like a 306 with roof bars?
(15-12-2013, 07:17 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]How is it euro spec?

Looks like a 306 with roof bars?

Glad im not the only one thinking this lol
Nah, the guy who had the car before took it up a high kerb and wrecked the front bumper. Have another one sittin, but it still needs sprayed, just haven't got round to gettin it done.

Well, not sure what to class it as, cus she's not felt, but she's not Euro. Call it what ya want.
I'd call it a 306 with a roof rack & broken front bumper..
As i said up there ^^^

there is nothing euro about it
Well there ya go. I made this thread when I first got her, and thought I was gonna go euro, ended up not. She's just a good workhorse to me, not much money for a reliable car. Simples.
we wasnt having a go.

what other plans you got for it
Not many big plans, left the new bumper with the guy to get it sprayed, along with the 'hockey stick' for the right hand side. Have an Espace splitter to put on that when it's done. Looking into getting a stage one remap in the new year, get me to around 115bhp. Then potentially some interior stuff, such as a false floor in the boot, smaller sub enclosure etc. Already have a centre arm rest in the front of her.

Other than that, maybe a different set of alloys or something. I've a set of 17" Dare V4's lying in the garage that just need sprayed, but would like a set of 16's such as the MIM Raffinos that are going for cheap. Think I'm gonna get bored and run out of stuff to do in the new year.
(24-12-2013, 04:10 PM)KrisCampbell Wrote: [ -> ]Other than that, maybe a different set of alloys or something. I've a set of 17" Dare V4's lying in the garage that just need sprayed, but would like a set of 16's such as the MIM Raffinos that are going for cheap. Think I'm gonna get bored and run out of stuff to do in the new year.

Ive a set of 16" polished mim raffinos for a 306 for sale. 2 tyres could do with being changed and 2 are good. All Continentals. £380, not cheap but i would doubt if you'll get a set for much less. I certainly couldnt when i was looking.
You'd be surprised what sort of price you could get a set for when you know the right people. Wink you any photos of the wheels on a 306?
Here you go Kris.
Making me want to put them back on now lol;

[Image: b43d4e92-1f90-48e8-b58b-afa88ee5400b_zps7bbd11e9.jpg]
Looks class mate, be February time now before I get mine. Getting the new bumper sprayed and I've another little extra that I'm picking up in the next few days, it's already been done by a guy on this forum, but I haven't seen it done to a more-door yet...
So finally got my new bumper put on with an espace splitter to match, took the coil overs down a wee bit more in the front just to drop her that extra bit. Then me and my mate had a washing day to make sure the cars were nice and clean! His is the Leon in the background, its on airbags.

Also decided to keep my 205's on, and gonna get a stage one map to make her a touch quicker. Along with de-backboxing it so its a proper full straight through system.