306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: So tempted...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My mate works for a Peugeot dealer, and he's bought a 6 that someone traded in for £400, full service history, 96,000 miles in black. Apperantly an old boy owned it and only ever got it serviced at Peugeot. And, it's black...

Anyway, he wants £600 for it. I really don't need another car, but do I? This seems far too good to pass up on.

Someone please talk me out of this....
wow. nice price. TnT/condition?
Depends what the condition is like, T&T etc... It sounds good and if it it is, then sounds like a good deal. But... surely he'd know what it's worth, so why would he be selling it cheap?
(27-08-2013, 02:38 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]Depends what the condition is like, T&T etc... It sounds good and if it it is, then sounds like a good deal. But... surely he'd know what it's worth, so why would he be selling it cheap?

Exactly this.

Presuming all is well you could have a little earner there....
That is very, very nice. I certainly hope it ends up in good hands. This is what frustrates me with keeping my car going, it is in such a state but it is my first car and I love it! But there is so much out there in better condition, but I can't bring myself to scrap a car over a few items!
He said the roof could do with a bit of loving, but apart from that it's all good. Everything on it is standard. He's selling because he can't be arsed with it apparently, but he did explain it was a part exchange and it the dealer couldn't sell it, it'd probably get scrapped which he didn't want to see happen to a 6.
Remember 6s really aren't worth much any more. Also, in my experience anyway, the service history and previous owners make no odds.
buy to sale with profit Big Grin
offer 500. he still making profit.

I would want to see it though. could be a minter.
The only problem I see, is if I buy it, and it's mint, I won't get round to selling it. I'll find a way to justify keeping it and have two 6's. If I was to have two 306's again, I'd have an HDi as well as a 6.
dont buy a black car they are a nightmare. never look clean apart from the 1st 10 mins after washing it
surely if you bought this black one you could charge the blue one and use the black as a daily?
/bad influence
(27-08-2013, 08:06 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]surely if you bought this black one you could charge the blue one and use the black as a daily?
/bad influence

That would be such epic win, but there's no way I'd be able to afford charging mine, and run a 6 as a daily. It's bad enough using this as a daily let alone spending £3500+ charging it.

BUT it'd be so rude not to buy it at that price if it is actually sound. Could make a little profit on this.

This is dangerous, I'm far too impulsive...
(27-08-2013, 08:04 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]dont buy a black car they are a nightmare. never look clean apart from the 1st 10 mins after washing it

This!!
(27-08-2013, 09:01 PM)callumcull Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-08-2013, 08:06 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: [ -> ]surely if you bought this black one you could charge the blue one and use the black as a daily?
/bad influence

That would be such epic win, but there's no way I'd be able to afford charging mine, and run a 6 as a daily. It's bad enough using this as a daily let alone spending £3500+ charging it.

BUT it'd be so rude not to buy it at that price if it is actually sound. Could make a little profit on this.

This is dangerous, I'm far too impulsive...
same, why I own 3 vehicles again and drive a forth as a daily ...

(27-08-2013, 09:03 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: [ -> ]
(27-08-2013, 08:04 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]dont buy a black car they are a nightmare. never look clean apart from the 1st 10 mins after washing it

This!!
This is true though, they look epic for like an hour
(27-08-2013, 09:03 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: [ -> ]

This!!

True, but also blacks looks fabulous after polishing and waxing - not to reach on e.g. white :-)