306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: very sad sale :( .... KEEPING IT NOW!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well here it goes! Having to sell my bianca 6 ! Really don't want to but in the circumstances im in at the moment I have no choice!
Ph1 gti 6 in bianca white!
Anyway, it has tax and mot until October!
And last mot it did have a lot of work done! And other then the wishbones which I have already bought! And a tyre!It should pass this time!
It had the alloys refurbished and sprayed in July! And I've been extra careful to not scuff of curb them
HA!
Has obviously age related marks few dings but nothing serious! Has a dent in the boot! And slight rusting around the boot!
Has ph2 front end but ph1 side skirts! Don't ask I never done this!
Morette headlights
Rallye blanks
Sunroof
Key pad immobiliser
No air con
Leather and suede interior
Did have a top end rebuild when I bought it with new radiator, Cambelt and few other parts! Il find all receipts

Now for the bad bits Sad

Central locking doesn't work!
Neither does the driver window or sunroof blows fuses like no tomorrow! But I've been told its all to do with the wiring loom! The passenger side window doesn't work as the window mechanism has broken! But I do have two new window mechanisms for it! But I ain't a clue how to fit them!
The cold air / fan doesn't work! It did work at one point! But this seems to be a common problem in every gti 6 I've had!!
Driver seat is very worn and passenger seat is ok but the leather stitching has come away from the seat! Underneath! Thanks to a baby car seat! And same with back seats! Looked new when I bought it but due to carseats Its slightly worn the suede! I will take pictures of this!
Does have a crack in the front bumper thanks to a pheasant! Nothing major but it will need a new bumper or respray as it is tatty!
Bonnet has about a million stone chips! Was like this when I bought it! Same with the windscreen! It still passed mot! And it's nothing major! No cracks that I know of!
I can't sit in traffic for too long as it does start getting very hot! It's not actually over heated but I've never let it get that far! Obviously as the fan isn't kicking in!

I know it's a massive list of problems but in being honest I have no reason to lie ! But it is a lovely car! And by far the best 6 I have owned! It's drives lovely! But It needs a lot of tlc and with the right owner it will be a good project ! I haven't got the time or someone to do this for me! I haven't a clue about the major things! Hense why I've left it! I've had it since may 2012 and I never wanted to sell it! My favourite car I've had, even with all the problems!

I will upload some pictures when i get chance needs a good clean!

No silly offers! But I know I'm not going to get a lot with the poor state it's in!

Thanks guys
Sian
get lots of pics up pal.
maybe worth you putting 12months MOT on it...otherwise its pretty much got none which will be a concern to most.
Such a shame! The problems you've mentioned aren't that bad and are quite common. My fans don't come on automatically either, I have to drive around with them unplugged all the time to prevent overheating!

Good luck with the sale Smile The car is gorgeous and I hope to see it stay in the club
I really didn't want to sell it but the china 6 has a lot more going for it then this one! I may get rid of both. Or keep the white one in a garage for the winter and worry about it next year! Got this week to decide but looking like its staying up for sale! Sad
I assume the morrettes are ph2/3? I'll buy them off you Smile
whats the mileage?
Not taking anything off of it sorry! And if I do it will be going on the china 6. Uh 12?,000 can't remember the 3rd digit! It's looking like its gonna be garaged for the winter!
Such a shame it's a beautiful car
Not selling anymore changed my mind ha!
ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp
Sorry cully I know you wanted it lol
so what are your plans now?
Keeping it Smile finish all the work it needs just until
October then it's going away until january for "something" special to happen to it haha! Will be using the blue one until this one comes back Smile
hmmm reads between the lines and thinks its turning into the dimma that in storage Big Grin
Haha!! That beast will be out soon I have been waiting to take a photo!! Sad