306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: MOT Fail. Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
took the old Dtub in for the annual MOT and it failed

Exhaust noise is clearly in excess (7.1.4) haha oops i guess the straight through is a bit much lol

Front break application uneven (3.7.A.2)

front Breaks release unevenly ( 3.7.A.4)

its running GTI 6 brakes if that makes any difference
Anybody have any ideas on what is wrong with the brakes??

[attachment=9844]

looking a bit sorry for itself while putting the standard exhaust back on ha
any advice welcome

cheeers
Check for sticky callipers Smile
What a load of horse shit. Loud exhaust is just bollocks.

Buy a gti setup or rebuild your callipers, easy fixs really Big Grin
(23-08-2013, 12:35 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]What a load of horse shit. Loud exhaust is just bollocks.

Not really , present mot regs state that any thing louder than a standard exhaust should fail

Brakes could be anything from a sticky slider to the mc on its way out and not letting fluid back which is what I had on my 406
(23-08-2013, 12:57 PM)swampy Wrote: [ -> ]
(23-08-2013, 12:35 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]What a load of horse shit. Loud exhaust is just bollocks.

Not really , present mot regs state that any thing louder than a standard exhaust should fail

Brakes could be anything from a sticky slider to the mc on its way out and not letting fluid back which is what I had on my 406

It's still subjective about the noise, my old vitara was a petrol, with 2foot of pipe and a motorbike back on on it, never had an issue with he mots
Exhaust is just a old fogey of an MOTer. Get him to prove its louder than standard!!

Just service the front calipers, should sort it
Just to add to the above take apart the front calipers grease the sliders (not copper grease) under the dust covers and pump them in and out a bit to make sure they slide well.

Re copper crease the pads so they can move freely then push the piston back in and pump it out (not too far) a few times to make sure its free.

Would take less than an hour a side.
Rebuild the front callipers should fix that stuff. The exhaust is just a PITA.
Get some proper red grease under the dust boot on each piston ThumbsUp
as has been said, re brakes, sliders must be free, and the pistons should go back into the caliper body with heavy thumb pressure, taking the M/C top off would help but watch out for fluid spillage............a g clamp set up on the caliper and piston could act as a spring to return the piston when foot off the brake pedal to "exercise" the pistons........since seals etc are available then an overhaul isn't too painfull but be carefull with the pipes......also make sure the pads don't stick in their respective "channel".........if the front are badish, how are the rears?? whaty colour is the fluid.........

I presume the tiny recouperating port in the M/C is clear.......

as to noise, the manual says.......etc..........a wraaaaaaah exhaust tends to suggest ( I'm ducking now ) a boy racer........
Seeing as nobody has said it; try rebuilding or greasing your callipers Rofl

But on a serious note, I would check for air in the lines too, as this could have a bearing on the failure if air is present.