306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: hey all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm LJ from Flintshire, and will be getting a 51 plate 306 hdi estate (meridian)

Planning to have a play with like my current rover 220sdi that's running about 140bhp 220+ftlb torque.

Hoping to do the usual from what I've read about hdi's. Upped boost via mbc, fmic, cone filter, decat and remap. That should see me to 150+bhp 270+ft lb am I right?

Hope to share input with you all.

And was told by seller with it being meridian model has lower stiffer suspension, that true as it does seem to sit low to me.

LJ

Here's couple pics, will take better ones once I get it.

[Image: IMG_165120895646756_zpsbc14c9b8.jpg]

[Image: IMG_165073320276704_zpscfffcee2.jpg]
Welcome
Can anyone tell me what colour and paint code it is?
(21-08-2013, 09:59 PM)LJ_D Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me what colour and paint code it is?

Should be a color code under the bonnet on the passenger side
Scrap the come filter idea, uprated panel filter is a better bet and definitely an uprated clutch!

Welcome btw Smile
Everyone said go for panel filter on my sdi and when I changed to a enclosed cone filter with open front (if you get me) was even better.

It's just had new clutch and pressure plate (peugeot original).
Welcome along Smile
welcome Smile
welcome.

yes the later meridians had bigger rear TBs & ARBs

you will need an uprated clutch friction & pressuer, unlesd you go for a limted torque then you will get away with a new valeo.

you will need to winde the boost up manually on the turbo via the waste gate arm. it can be controled with a MBC after that
Ok cheers puglove. Damn I was hoping to be able to go all out with torque having a new clutch and pressure plate.

What's a safe amount the clutch can go Upto?

And the boost upping is that via actuator rod shortening?

Cheers.
yes. you have to screw the actuator arm in.

Im not sure what the actual limit is for the limited stage 2 but there are pre made limited maps out there that you can down load.

you will also need a front mount intercooler for that sort of power. or you will just have huge heat soak issues
And where can I download these maps from?

Cheers
Hi mate.
Isnt the rover sdi engine the same as the 306 xud?
(23-08-2013, 08:33 PM)LJ_D Wrote: [ -> ]And where can I download these maps from?

Cheers

Pro steve & mr whippy sell them, think there are a couple other people out there

Didnt notice on my phone earlier but that is cosmic grey, so much want!! thought it was platinum silver earlier
So is a sought after colour?

Is it easy to map with a kwp2000+ and with a Windows 8 laptop?

Would it be more beneficial to decat, egr blank and what's a good psi to go upto for now?
Welcome along, love that colour, one of the rarest