306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Help me with my infected....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shed..

I know this is a bit weird, but I can find literally no information about this online.

But my shed which I keep all my camping gear snowboarding stuff and car bits suddenly has little tiny bugs everywhere.. And there's seriously hundreds if not thousands of the buggers.

They seem to be more Interested In the wood rather than my stuffs but I haven't moved any of it just incase I move the bugs into another shed or my house!

Anyway here is some pictures (as much as I can.. They are tiny buggers!)
[attachment=9698]
[attachment=9699]
[attachment=9700]
Those ones are all dead where I sprayed em with WD40 lol

And are those grey things eggs?

[attachment=9701]

What are they?

So the main objective is to get rid of them. Obviously...

But worst come to worst I'd at least want to get my stuff out and into another shed.
Have you tried fire? Big Grin
Kill it with fire!
Also I have many many spiders in my car, how do i get rid of them?
Hot water or anything solvent based
I have tried fire... And they don't like it! They literally jump for freedom.. I used the man way of deodorant can & lighter...
If fire didnt work, i am of no more use to you sir. lol
(17-08-2013, 04:36 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Also I have many many spiders in my car, how do i get rid of them?

Scrap the car, its the only way!
MOAR FIRE!!!!
I would offer more constructive advice, but its hard to see what sort of bugs these are, and i havent come across something like this before, so nerr.... Tongue
Same here... I literally have no idea what to do... If no one else knows ilk have to just take my stuff out and burn it I guess =/
(17-08-2013, 04:50 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]I would offer more constructive advice, but its hard to see what sort of bugs these are, and i havent come across something like this before, so nerr.... Tongue

This, you need a close up lol.

They look like flying ants from the picture but I'm pretty sure you'd know what ants look like lol.
oow look after them there spiecial
dont feed them after minight
dont expose them to bright light
dont kill with fire

or they eat 306's
[attachment=9706]
[attachment=9707]
[attachment=9708]
[attachment=9709]
[attachment=9710]

Some have wings some don't. None actually fly by the looks of it though.

They are about 1-2mm long maximum
Buy one of those bug killer smoke bomb things off ebay if even if it doesnt work it'll be cool!

Or just do what i usually do in this situation, spray them with something flammable and then set fire to them!
Have a fire extinguisher ready tho as I dont want to be responsible for you burning your shed down! Lol
Simple

step 1 splah petrol on everything you want to kill.

step 2 light the petrol

step 3 sit back and watch the bastards burn

step 4 buy a new shed
What you have there is wood mites there are diffrent types of wood mite and by the looks of it you have a coipple of diffrent ones a good insectaside should destroy them but you will never get rid of wood mites so best to get all your gear out spray it with an insectaside and destroy things you cant salvage...
(17-08-2013, 07:31 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]What you have there is wood mites there are diffrent types of wood mite and by the looks of it you have a coipple of diffrent ones a good insectaside should destroy them but you will never get rid of wood mites so best to get all your gear out spray it with an insectaside and destroy things you cant salvage...

That's a bummer.. I'll go grab some insecticide tomorrow then... I have like 4 tents in that shed too =(
(17-08-2013, 07:36 PM)Jake Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2013, 07:31 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]What you have there is wood mites there are diffrent types of wood mite and by the looks of it you have a coipple of diffrent ones a good insectaside should destroy them but you will never get rid of wood mites so best to get all your gear out spray it with an insectaside and destroy things you cant salvage...

That's a bummer.. I'll go grab some insecticide tomorrow then... I have like 4 tents in that shed too =(

Should be able to save the tents get em out lay em out wash em dry em out stick em in a big bag spray insectaside in the bag tie it up leave it.for a.day or two then get em out and wash em again...
Nice.. Thanks for the help man.