306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Double-Din Head Units
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it's going to be tough finding many people using a double-din head unit in a 306, but was wondering if you guys had much experience with them or knew of any particularly good models?

Cheers
Interesting to see how it'd fit in the dash, would you have to lose the heater controls? or relocate them anyway
or lose the heater ducts above!?

would not a single DIN with a double din pop out screen be easier?
I think it may be for his Nissan cube he is getting

However yeah some have put it in a 306. Losing half the controls
I had a cool double din, dvd, bluetooth, sat nav etc in my C2 Gt.
was cool watching movies at the kfc drive through!
(17-08-2013, 01:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]I had a cool double din, dvd, bluetooth, sat nav etc in my C2 Gt.
was cool watching movies at the kfc drive through!

Yeah... Classy! Haha
It was...well, I watched friends mostly...and it was class...no mcdonalds for me, oh no, KFC way more up market!!!!
(17-08-2013, 01:06 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]I think it may be for his Nissan cube he bought

FTFY Smile

Yeah sorry guys I should have said, this isn't for a 306.
I can only praise Xtrons.
for what you get for your money, they are very good.

and if you know your stuff you can play with the software etc
Didn't know if you had it yet lol
whats your budget? i've just ordered one of these for the 350z:

[Image: Pioneer-AVH-X3500DAB.jpg]

Pioneer AVH-X3500DAB, bluetooth streaming, DAB etc. meant to be a really good unit.
I'd be looking to spend around £200 or so, could stretch a little further if the right model came up. I think saw that one today actually, it looks pretty smart! I was also looking at the SPH-DA100 as it's a slightly larger screen and looks a little more OEM as it has less buttons:
[Image: pioneer-sph-da100.jpg]
My personal opinion having looked at them ages ago for another project is that there is alot less choice with them and you can get the same features for less money in a single din unit then have a din size cubby hole or gauge pod underneath.
On ebay you can get one that's Android os. But screen comes off as a tablet.
(17-08-2013, 07:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]My personal opinion having looked at them ages ago for another project is that there is alot less choice with them and you can get the same features for less money in a single din unit then have a din size cubby hole or gauge pod underneath.

Hate to say it but I kind of agree with this but then I'm a bit of a audiophile. You have to be spending 500 minimum to get a decent sounding DD because all the big manafacturers have decided to go for full screen and smart connections.
(17-08-2013, 08:23 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2013, 07:57 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]My personal opinion having looked at them ages ago for another project is that there is alot less choice with them and you can get the same features for less money in a single din unit then have a din size cubby hole or gauge pod underneath.

Hate to say it but I kind of agree with this but then I'm a bit of a audiophile. You have to be spending 500 minimum to get a decent sounding DD because all the big manafacturers have decided to go for full screen and smart connections.

Agreed. I was looking at customizing my car for one. But worked out I could build a in car pc with full spec sat nav, digi radio and freeview for same price. Not including fabrication
Hmm I guess this comes back to the RPi car idea again lol
Dude keep the single din. Get much better for your money. Look at the stereo Sean has just got. It's the newer version of mine abd it's substantially better and my one is quite widely regarded on here as great value for cash and very versatile.
(17-08-2013, 08:33 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. I was looking at customizing my car for one. But worked out I could build a in car pc with full spec sat nav, digi radio and freeview for same price. Not including fabrication

Thats a fair point, I reckon my m-itx motherboard in my computer is smaller than din size and scott and fooby both like that set up (and it only cost me about £500)
Trust me ypu don't want to rely on a computer set up. You want a hu as well. I got the right hump with my car pc in the 106 waiting for it to boot all the time.
(17-08-2013, 08:39 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-08-2013, 08:33 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. I was looking at customizing my car for one. But worked out I could build a in car pc with full spec sat nav, digi radio and freeview for same price. Not including fabrication

Thats a fair point, I reckon my m-itx motherboard in my computer is smaller than din size and scott and fooby both like that set up (and it only cost me about £500)

Best idea is fit a casing in the boot or under seat. Make it so its removable so you can take it in house. But with wifi you can connect to your own server to make file transfer easy.
(17-08-2013, 08:39 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Dude keep the single din. Get much better for your money. Look at the stereo Sean has just got. It's the newer version of mine abd it's substantially better and my one is quite widely regarded on here as great value for cash and very versatile.

What stereo is this, out of interest?
screw everything. Look into double din android units! Everything in one and amazeballs!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ES7835A-7-2-Di...27d3dd743e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IN-DASH-DO...3a836ee9aa
I had a JVC in the Celica, was a close call between that and a Pioneer, eventually picked the JVC because it actually included everything you needed. The pioneer meant you had to add different modules for Bluetooth. Careful with some of the cheap ones, some of them are there purely so you can have an LCD screen and watch DVDs on (which you'll find you rarely do anyway) and they suffer in the sound quality department.
(17-08-2013, 09:30 PM)SRowell Wrote: [ -> ]screw everything. Look into double din android units! Everything in one and amazeballs!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ES7835A-7-2-Di...27d3dd743e

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-IN-DASH-DO...3a836ee9aa

Apart from sound quality....

I was considering that Pioneer one for the Mazda Scott... The lack of physical buttons actually put me off. I was looking at a Kenwood one that looked decent, I'll try and find which one. Sadly I have no real world advice as I went for another Alpine single DIN.