306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: New Job (I Think, Possibly, Maybe)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just had a interview and assessments for new job at Arriva, and I think by sounds of it I've got the job..... Medical depending, then I had to start being honest, so the DVLA have certified me fit to drive PCV's & HGV's but its at the company's own discretion if they wana take the risk and employ me with heart conditions now, so what may be good enough for the DVLA may not be good enough for them so am totally sh***in it now don't wana get this far and be knocked back at the last hurdle.
Sorry for the ignorance but what's a PCV?
(15-08-2013, 04:44 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the ignorance but what's a PCV?

Basically a bus.
Public carriage vehicle.
Good luck anyway bob, decent jobs are few and far between at the moment it seems....especially for me with my qualifications, or rather LACK of them.

Fingers crossed for you mate. Smile
Arrivia is a big company which has its benefits too.
That's what's worrying me, they're so big they can afford to pick and choose potential employees and it could come down to just the medical, what may be good enough for the DVLA may not be for them because they may view it as I have the potential to spend more time off sick so may not be their cup of tea, maybe or hopefully I'm just worrying over nothing but this is a job where I can actually make progress with my life rather than just simply ticking over going nowhere so would be a shame to be passed over purely for that reason.
Mate if i was you, i wouldnt worry. about 4 years ago i was in a situation where i had to get a new job. I was potentially facing redundancy and not to mention every day i was getting closer to knocking my boss out (in fact, several times i did back him into a corner!). I applied for literally hundreds of jobs and got offered a fair few interviews but i never got replies to most. I left every interview feeling like i f*cked it up because i was overly keen to get the job. Got to the point where i just didnt care and went into my last interview with that attitude and i got the job!
For me, not caring seemed to work! lol
Strange how things happen eh Niall?

I wish you luck though buddy, try not to worry yourself over it... Relax a bit and have a Plan B just in case so that you're not 'Too disappointed'.