306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: door card retrim?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im thinking of retriming my door card in the future, has anyone tried this before?
was thinking how hard it would be and where would i even look for hard wearing retrim material?
cheers.
Got my suede from dunelm mill, the fronts are a bit of a pig to do, you need something with a bit of stretch to it so suede wasnt the best idea tbh. Make sure you use decent heat resistant contact adhesive.
Can find loads of material in pretty much any pattern on ebay.
Jonny has done his. Looks fairly decent! just get some spare doorcards cheap so if you mess them up it wont matter!
Its really not that hard, if its the first thing youve re trimmed id definitely do the rears first, maybe do your roof lining for a bit of experience first.
is the roof lining easy to do? i saw a guide on doing saxo door cards on youtube, is the principal the same where its held in by plastic lugs you can melt down and pull the card section off, refabric then heat the lugs back up.
iv not got any rear door cards, there plastic cos of is being a 3 door.
Everyone seems to forget I did mine wayyyy before anyone else, but yeh..

Trimfix spray adhesive and something with a bit of nylon to give it some stretch. Stay away from any cotton fabric as it won't stretch at all, and denim or suede are the same. Suedette (fake suede) used for making clothes is pretty stretchy. Order probably double what you need though as there's every chance you'll make a pig's ear of the bit around the door handles on the front door cards.
where did you get your material from mate. do you have pics of what you done, would be interested in that thread
[Image: 0F86E982-3630-45EB-A11C-C2F27E0B9B3E-160...9b5710.jpg]

[Image: A65835F5-2690-4C8B-A896-416CC7C2DEBE-160...42f049.jpg]

No pics of doing it but thats all in black suede stuff. Can be a paint to get back together, mine now screws glue and a bit of melted plastic.
that looks nice mate. my door cards look so dated, saying that so do my seats lol.