306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: GTi6 Turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 65320_10151579642993167_2053125576_n.jpg]

What's wrong with this photo...
No idea...its not a 306 though!
the bay isn't splattered with coolant and diesel tainted oil . . . . disgusting tbh . .Big Grin
The head.
turboed 6 lump in a 106 then . . .be pretty epic i guess . .Smile

(14-08-2013, 09:48 PM)Birk Wrote: [ -> ]The head.

ahhhhh 1.8 head?

I'm right in saying you cannot fit the plastic RFV covers to a RFS head... Since you can't fit RFS covers to an RFV head...
He's got long socks on folded down so he can wear shorts!! And black socks with white trainers!!!
(14-08-2013, 09:51 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]He's got long socks on folded down so he can wear shorts!! And black socks with white trainers!!!

Hadn't noticed that tragedy either LOL!
It's an xsi head Smile
Its the vac pump on the end of one of the cams thats the difference between the heads.
(14-08-2013, 09:51 PM)Jonny b Wrote: [ -> ]He's got long socks on folded down so he can wear shorts!! And black socks with blue trainers!!!
Aye - so.... It's not a GTi6... Lol...

And if anyone knows who car this is, they'll be surprised!
(14-08-2013, 09:50 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm right in saying you cannot fit the plastic RFV covers to a RFS head... Since you can't fit RFS covers to an RFV head...

Correct. The bolt holes are in a completely different position. Thats a 1.8 or xsi head.
(14-08-2013, 09:48 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]turboed 6 lump in a 106 then . . .be pretty epic i guess . .Smile

Looks like a 205 to me.
(14-08-2013, 09:52 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]Aye - so.... It's not a GTi6... Lol...

And if anyone knows who car this is, they'll be surprised!

I know whos it is and it really doesnt surprise me lol
Ha ha tried an edit!! f*cked it up!! Lol
I know, I know, oo oo, me me.
i once heard a rumour that the 16v xsi head flows better than the 6 one . . . . .don't shoot me jus saying . .Smile
I'm not ripping mine to bits to try lol it's got one chance! Haha
(14-08-2013, 09:53 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i once heard a rumour that the 16v xsi head flows better than the 6 one . . . . .don't shoot me jus saying . .Smile

Doubtful as the head and manifolds is the only real difference between the 6 engine and xsi

hopefully will be at ace this month. Ill have a good look and see what block it is.
Bets on an RFV Block.... Lol!

(14-08-2013, 09:53 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]i once heard a rumour that the 16v xsi head flows better than the 6 one . . . . .don't shoot me jus saying . .Smile

Still doesn't detract from the fact it's NOT a GTi6...

It's like me claiming I've got a HDi... Well, no I don't, I've got an XUD, but the bottom end is the same...
It doesn't have the correct amount of science.
I'm confused.... I don't know who's car it is - although I'm guessing it's a .netter as its posted over here lol?

But I also can't see why someones gone to a lot of effort in that bay and with the engine but not got a '6 head, unless its a stronger top end to cope with the boost better?
I also heard the XSI head flows better, larger ports. They Im guessing smaller ports on the GTi for higher gas velocitys
GTi6 bottom end but with a very worked XSi head as it has bigger inlet valves, uprated springs with Piper turbo cams
Quite correct ^^
May just be the angle of the picture but is there any pipework actually going into the intake manifold there?
(14-08-2013, 09:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I also heard the XSI head flows better, larger ports. They Im guessing smaller ports on the GTi for higher gas velocitys

I think that's another rumor like the 1.8 head flows better than a gti6... It's one of things that comparatively, yes, you can probably get more out of a 1.8 head if you literally spend about £10k on rediculous port shaping to eek every last bit of performance out of it because there's shitloads of meat, but you could have saved yourself £9850 and just gotten a GTi6 head that'll flow 95% as well...
(14-08-2013, 10:01 PM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]
(14-08-2013, 09:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]I also heard the XSI head flows better, larger ports. They Im guessing smaller ports on the GTi for higher gas velocitys

I think that's another rumor like the 1.8 head flows better than a gti6... It's one of things that comparatively, yes, you can probably get more out of a 1.8 head if you literally spend about £10k on rediculous port shaping to eek every last bit of performance out of it because there's shitloads of meat, but you could have saved yourself £9850 and just gotten a GTi6 head that'll flow 95% as well...

I can tell you now in 99% sure the 1.8 head is the second biggest let down of that engine over the management. The inlet ports are stupidly restricted!
Oh god yeah, but it's meant to be like that, if they'd made it any better it'd have competed with the XSi too much!

They're 115hp, an XSi is 130 - they're literally a raw casting of an XSi head from what I can see, just none of the porting done to the XSi head to make it better - the GTi6 head is significantly better - it has spray bars, double valve springs blah blah, the list goes on.
Pages: 1 2