306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Toms306 eat your heart out...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: hDHG3KB.jpg]

[Image: kIVwuyM.jpg]

Bearing in mind the tank is 48 litres - fecking tiny!!!

Oh shit, a HDi couldn't possibly be more efficient than the holy grail Golf TDi....

That was over a 170 mile trip back from Portsmouth-ish to Bicester.
To be fair Ruan that HDi is heavily modified.
It's 10000000% standard...
I meant by the Volvo boffins.
I'd rather do 12mpgz than do 2.9 and look like I'm on my way to get my pension.
(13-08-2013, 10:01 AM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]I meant by the Volvo boffins.

It's literally a completely standard 2.0 16v HDi, Volvo haven't touched it at all - only people who may have done is Ford, but you can place that engine directly into a Peugeot... It's no different!

And Stu - you even admitted how nice it is... It's a lovely place to be...
Still smells funny
It's not a 306 HDi90 though lol... I'm guessing it's also VNT and with a 6 speed 'box in the Volvo?

Plus, my Vectra tells me the range is 850 miles to a full tank, lucky to get 600, I wouldn't go off the rage reader lol!! Tongue

But if that really is 70mpg average, that's bloody good! I need to get me a Volvo lol.
It is a lovely place to be. But I'm old.
Tom my old boss had one of these for a while and i can quite believe the 72 mpg. They are epic on fuel!
(13-08-2013, 10:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, my Vectra tells me the range is 850 miles to a full tank, lucky to get 600,

600 miles to a tank in the vectra?! I get 450 and the light is on. but I drive with my brick foot Sad
(13-08-2013, 11:00 AM)JJ0063 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13-08-2013, 10:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Plus, my Vectra tells me the range is 850 miles to a full tank, lucky to get 600,

600 miles to a tank in the vectra?! I get 450 and the light is on. but I drive with my brick foot Sad

Its a 60 litre tank mate.....at 45mpg you get 600 miles, and it's very much on the light with the BC flashing 'refuel' when I fill up as well lol. I usually get atleast 60 litres in when I fill up as theres some in the filler neck as well. Mine averages about 47mpg.....absolutely shite. But that probably does have something to do with my more recent driving style - driving in panic tends to reduce MPG.
some good old man driving there ruan...
.those 16vs with a vnt are good mind
Bloody heck, that realy is impressive out a 2l HDi. Poodle, get one of these lumps.
On the m40 it was up to 74.2mpg, but naturally as soon as I started back on country roads from Bicester to my house, it went down... All villages etc..
f*ck man that's some epic mpg! If only the dt was living up to something as close haha
It'd just crazy to think that I could get to Scotland on less than a third of a tank!!
newer efficient turbos really do help. my XUD with the VNT has a substantial increase in fuel economy when cruising.
Nice.... I'm lucky to get a 6th-7th of that. >_<
I need to hurry up and get bodging with my VNT
get on it chris!
I feel it necessary to wave my eco based e-penis around at this point and say I got 73mpg out of an HDi 90, Tom, admit that yours were broken, or you're the shittest eco driver ever.
(13-08-2013, 10:02 AM)Norledge Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rather do 12mpgz than do 2.9 and look like I'm on my way to get my pension.

FLOL
(13-08-2013, 02:52 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: [ -> ]I feel it necessary to wave my eco based e-penis around at this point and say I got 73mpg out of an HDi 90, Tom, admit that yours were broken, or you're the shittest eco driver ever.

All HDis are broken these days lol.........but so was the Golf...that was only a 7.2 valve lol, and still managed to average 60mpg mixed driving.

Plus there are no motorways in Suffolk, and I don't purely eco drive because that's boring. Tongue

Real world averages are the figures I'm interested in. Wink
(13-08-2013, 12:15 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]f*ck man that's some epic mpg! If only the dt was living up to something as close haha

Well if you think about it real world money wise it would
you'll see 50mpg on a run and fuel is 50p per litre cheaper!
So for the same money you'll get an extra 1/3 over regular diesel :-)
^^^ this.

I got 50mpg from mine (bit knackered, on veg, 11mm overkill bosch, t2@24psi) coming down to minehead snd spanking it down the lanes etc.

and Im getting veg at 90p a litre at the mo!...so real world money its very eco
The 2.1 would do over 60mpg on the motorway on veg and at less than 90ppl the economy compared to diesel is nearly 100mpg
(13-08-2013, 03:57 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]^^^ this.

I got 50mpg from mine (bit knackered, on veg, 11mm overkill bosch, t2@24psi) coming down to minehead snd spanking it down the lanes etc.

and Im getting veg at 90p a litre at the mo!...so real world money its very eco

(13-08-2013, 04:07 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]The 2.1 would do over 60mpg on the motorway on veg and at less than 90ppl the economy compared to diesel is nearly 100mpg

The XUD is definitely one of the best options for anyone on a tight budget who still wants eco and poke!
[attachment=9625]

Best I ever got out of my Bora, again was a touch higher at ~72 I think, but this was just on my drive home from work (13 miles), no motorways!
(13-08-2013, 09:48 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]That was over a 170 mile trip back from Portsmouth-ish to Bicester.

It's 100 miles from Portsmouth to Bicester Tongue used to cost me quarter of a tank in the Perv haha!

And what were you going to crappy Bicester for? Smile
Pages: 1 2