306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Amp in centre console
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Google says its possible, but does anyone have any pics or advice on a good size of amp to fit in there? I've not fully investigated, but in front of the gear stick there looks to be lots of room. Dodging the ecu boxes that are there apparently.

Second choice is under the seat, but don't want it getting damaged, for amp in the front components only.
(07-08-2013, 11:59 AM)tigerstyle Wrote: [ -> ]Google says its possible, but does anyone have any pics or advice on a good size of amp to fit in there? I've not fully investigated, but in front of the gear stick there looks to be lots of room. Dodging the ecu boxes that are there apparently.

Second choice is under the seat, but don't want it getting damaged, for amp in the front components only.

I'd be concerned about putting in INSIDE the centre console - it gets hot in there with the head unit, heater vents on cold days and various other stuff in there that all throws out heat... Infront of the gearstick is the Airbag module, so I wouldn't massively fancy putting it ontop of that or similar... It's also pretty cramped up in there.

Under the seat isn't a bad shout, just have to be very careful that you don't end up trapping it or have people kicking it... Why not put it in the boot, you've just got to be a slightly careful of wire routing to minimise interference.
Yeah, there's a reason why most end up in the boot...
theres only room in there for a tiny one.

It maybe possible behind the glovebox if:

you have no AC
you use a late phase AC glovebox and removed top airbag.
This gives you room behind for it.

But I would go with boot!
Good food for thought, thanks!
Its easier to put the amp in the boot and run speaker wire from the headunit back to the bot and join it all up.
(07-08-2013, 03:11 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Its easier to put the amp in the boot and run speaker wire from the headunit back to the bot and join it all up.

The op may also want to run

1) power
2)remote
3) RCA
4) an earth strap

Just to avoid confusion Smile
If you have ph3 seats the passenger seat has a tray under it that would fit a sensible sized amp.
(07-08-2013, 05:04 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]If you have ph3 seats the passenger seat has a tray under it that would fit a sensible sized amp.

It's a ph3 (now with ph4 headrests, scrappy bargain!) I'll look under there tomorrow.
I've had the drivers out fixing the lumbar support, but guess the passenger being non height adjustable might have more room, sounds good!