306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Speakers/Head Unit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would it be worth upgrading the speakers on a phase 3 306 hdi or upgrading the head unit for better sound quality? Has anyone done either of these?

Cheers
Both.

If you are running a stock HU, then get a good set of speakers and a good HU after this.

You really are scraping the tip of the iceberg there though. Can of worms ICE upgrading haha.
(05-08-2013, 08:56 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Both.

If you are running a stock HU, then get a good set of speakers and a good HU after this.

You really are scraping the tip of the iceberg there though. Can of worms ICE upgrading haha.

Ok thanks, was just wondering which would be the better option for getting better quality music, would do both but was just wondering, have you done either of them yourself?
I have done both in the past. My current car is stripped and has no stereo, just the hum of road noise to keep me amused Smile

In my old XS i used to have this head unit

[Image: 3cb94c60.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0241.jpg]

And this in the back, because back seats are over rated right? lol

[Image: DSC_0242.jpg]

With focal 165VB's in the front. Awesome setup IMO.
(05-08-2013, 09:10 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]I have done both in the past. My current car is stripped and has no stereo, just the hum of road noise to keep me amused Smile

In my old XS i used to have this head unit

[Image: 3cb94c60.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0241.jpg]

And this in the back, because back seats are over rated right? lol

[Image: DSC_0242.jpg]

With focal 165VB's in the front. Awesome setup IMO.

Ah nice one! So youve got/had a couple of 306's then
I will probably just upgrade the head unit first then leave the speakers standard for a bit longer
4 now lol

You'll soon get the modifying bug mate. The new parts will come rolling in Wink
the wiring is shocking too...well worth upgrading
(05-08-2013, 09:26 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]4 now lol

You'll soon get the modifying bug mate. The new parts will come rolling in Wink

If only it was that easy.. That would be another mod to add to the insurance, at the ancient age of 18 dont you just love car insurance!!
Its a pain mate. Stick with it and it will come down. My first car was £2400 to insure. A 1.4 8v Astra that cost me 70 quid. Was a complete snotter lol
(05-08-2013, 09:38 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]the wiring is shocking too...well worth upgrading

Ok cheers

(05-08-2013, 09:51 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Its a pain mate. Stick with it and it will come down. My first car was £2400 to insure. A 1.4 8v Astra that cost me 70 quid. Was a complete snotter lol

Haha, i have been on my dads workslease car for free for the last 8 months, handy when it would have been £4500 to get insured on it when i first passed my test! Its only a peugeot 308 1.6 hdi 112!? It will be £900 to insure the 306 though which is good!
After being back in a 306 I couldn't believe how shocking the standard audio in the 306 is!! It's like listening to a 1940's radio...underwater.... lol

You want to be changing the speakers and the headunit tbh, with a sub if you can be bothered lol.
(06-08-2013, 02:39 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]After being back in a 306 I couldn't believe how shocking the standard audio in the 306 is!! It's like listening to a 1940's radio...underwater.... lol

You want to be changing the speakers and the headunit tbh, with a sub if you can be bothered lol.

Ah, yes, might have to do the speakers sooner than i thought then! Haha