306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Can I cut these off?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
trying to remove my front bumper to put my splitter on, and the 3 bolts on the underside of the bumper with the long 'tabs' are rusted but spin freely without loosening off

can I just saw them off? Or will it make the bumper less secured to the body?
Just f*ck them off. None of my bumpers have ever had them.
Will make the bottom less secure but as pellowe said be fine without them
My bumpers did have them... now they dont... #reversing #toolow
Might just gaffer tape them back together after, should do the trick

Abandoned ship anyway as its started to piss it down -.-
So it is Ffs got to walk home soon!

Just cut them off closest to the nut then make a hole in the tabs and cable tie them round the lower cross member job done
the bumper will sag and drop over time if you cut them off
you will get a big panel gap between the bonet lion and the bumper as the bumper twist down
This happened to me, I solved it by drilling the threaded end out then buying replacement bolts, washers and nuts one size smaller then the old ones. Job done Smile
Just f*ck em off. I've never had any on any of the 6 front bumpers I've had fitted.

If you are that worried then make a new bracket with some metal bar and self tappers.
(03-08-2013, 10:11 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Just f*ck em off. I've never had any on any of the 6 front bumpers I've had fitted.

If you are that worried then make a new bracket with some metal bar and self tappers.

I'm going to be taking my foglights out anyway and they're flaked inside so I might sacrifice them by cutting the fixing brackets off and using them as new bumper brackets Smile