306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: mileage with tuning level ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys
just wondering what mileage is with what tuning level so i know what's left in my engine
I've got a xud with 168000 fitted with Bosch pump (gov mod,lda grind) decat,race tube,stubby back box,running 28psi with tmic at min but going fmic
opinions and info pleas
cheers
it's not possible to say mate, depends on how the engine has lived it's life...things will obviously get old and need replacing though Smile
As matt says it could be fine, its all on its past treatment and TBH the engines are barely run in at 100k

Ive seen inside a 130k HDi and it still had its hone marks on the block.
I've got fsh wen i got it n I've serviced it every 5000 since it runs sweet
Could blow up tomorrow might see 250k just no way to tell
I manage to break cars long before that kind of milage! lol

As said though, you can't tell.....even full service history doesn't really mean anything. Previous owner could've redlined every gear from cold every day lol, wouldn't show in the SH. I've found the cars with no service history are no worse than those with full tbh.

Also, as Chris said about a HDi, I was amazed how clean the block itself was when I broke mine at 123k, EGR, turbo etc all knackered but the bores and pistons looked new!
I've done 305K miles and I've just stuck a stage one on my HDI. I've changed the HP pump to keep up the pressure as the old one was lacking but only slightly.