306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Hi all
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone, just inherited my dad's old 306 D-Turbo as a run around while I do some suspension work on my main car.

Being put through an MOT re-test as we speak after a few problems I needed to fix! Still got some more bits and pieces to do so thought I would sign up and get to know some more about my new car :-)
Welcome to the club! There's plenty of information about suspension in the guides section. Post up some photos when you get a chance!
Welcome along.

But of help, you will have no luck racing dragons in a 306 Wink
I don't know Matt, it's a well known fact the 306 is faster in the twisties than nearly all mythical creatures!
Thanks :-) Well I already had to replace the front coils on the 306 as one had snapped which was one reason it failed the MOT first time round...... the other was the brake load sensing valve which I freed up so hopefully that will do it this time round!

Will get some photos soon, but be warned the body work isn't in the best of condition as my younger brother never washed/looked after it when he had it. But hopefully should do me until I get the Elise back on the road :-) and hopefully keep a few miles off the Elise in the future too.
(15-07-2013, 01:00 PM)Scott Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know Matt, it's a well known fact the 306 is faster in the twisties than nearly all mythical creatures!

lmao
DragonRacer bit comes from a bike engined race car I am building ;-)
Very nice! You should definitely put some photos up of the project, I bet lots of people would be interested Smile

The brake load sensor is a common one unfortunately... The spring snapping not so much!
Welcome! Sounds like the 306 is an easy fix. Remember you should always do the springs in axle pairs (not that you have springs on the rear of a 306 anyway!) otherwise it will handle like a complete sack of shit!

Very interested to see pics of this other car your building Smile
Welcome Smile
(15-07-2013, 12:49 PM)DragonRacer Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone, just inherited my dad's old 306 D-Turbo as a run around while I do some suspension work on my main car.

Being put through an MOT re-test as we speak after a few problems I needed to fix! Still got some more bits and pieces to do so thought I would sign up and get to know some more about my new car :-)

Hi thar !
Hello welcome to the Peugeot 306 car forum.
Welcome
Thanks guys Smile seems like a nice friendly and informative group! Will sure be making use of the forums while I get all the little bits and pieces up to scratch! Will get some photos up after I wash and polish her over the weekend Smile

Also got to fix the electric window, remote central locking and radio! Busy weekend at this rate Tongue
Hello welcome to the Peugeot 306 car forum.
So after a good clean this weekend here is my shed!

[attachment=9010]