306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The amount of times i been in your car and i never noticed lol
So went to kris's yeaterday but had a nightmare of a day.

On the way up, I popped a Bosch fuel line, as in it snapped and was spraying diesel inside the engine bay. Managed to get to kris's with a car sounding very much like a Harley.

End up having to go to the scrap yard and getting some new lines before we could start work.
Kris had a few jobs booked in so had to work around those. In the end we ran out of time to get the tyres swapped over so the borbets are still in the bubble and waiting to be fitted.

I did test fit the one at the front.
[Image: fa7ea83d.jpg]
[Image: 4e1bedf3.jpg]
That's with 20mm spacers. I forgot to get a view of the side, but it looks like they might stick out a bit from the body work.

Then onto the coilovers, again forgot to get pics of the fronts but here is the comparison of old and new.
[Image: 9bd15ae3.jpg]

They do feel amazing, still need a bit of adjustment as on the way home it was a bit bouncy on the motorway.

Hopefully get things finished off next weekend.
shame about the wheels mate. bet your well gutted. i know i would be if i had em and couldnt fit em.
Yea was looking forward to the day all the way up, and then about 20miles out I started getting pissed with the car. Was a bag to drive.

But all sorted now, drive home was fun this morning though.

Coilovers do feel good. Aero catches and alloys coming soon though.
Pompey306mark Wrote:Then onto the coilovers, again forgot to get pics of the fronts but here is the comparison of old and new.
[Image: 9bd15ae3.jpg]

They do feel amazing, still need a bit of adjustment as on the way home it was a bit bouncy on the motorway.

They do look awesomes, I'm well jelous! Couple of questions though:

1. What main spring rates did you go for with the GGAs?

2. Do they feel different to the GHAs? If so how?

I'm so keen to get mine on now; just gotta assemble the last few bits and then I'm cracking oon!!
I think I requested 300lbs springs this time. I can't remember to be honest.

They seem to ride better, not so harsh as the last set.
Shame you couldnt get the borbets on :-(
What you doing with the old set up? Fleabay?
Or sell to someone on one of the forums. I am sure there will be some interest.
4WayDiablo Wrote:Shame you couldnt get the borbets on :-(
What you doing with the old set up? Fleabay?

ninja
I would have had them in a shot knowing how good they are andbhow well they ride. Just cant afford it :-(
But glwts and whoever gets them they are awesome!
Looks like Eskiiboi is already interested in them lol.
Yea!!! set the car up last, front and rears. The car feels great.

Comfortable when just pottering around and firm and stable when on the go and having a bit of fun.

Tried it on a roads and feels great, b roads was fine a little bumper but waht do you expect from a bumpy road. Motorway was much better than before and no where near as bouncy.

Hoping to get the interior sorted saturday if the weather is good. Weekend after, but up to Kris's for Aero catches and borbets.

On another note old coilovers have done back to Gaz today, so might get them back in the near future.
So this morning I have been working on the roof liner. Some would have seen one a few posts backs. But I wanted to try again.

So removed my original roof liner, and started again. The results.

I am not sure which to use both look like they were done by a blind man. One is royal blue which is more of a soft satin finish. The other is navy blue in faux suede.

Then while doing this I did the front pillars.
[Image: dfc99f4a.jpg]
[Image: 13d62e83.jpg]

I now have two questions. One how do you get the sun roof door part out of its cradle, and how do the pillars with the seat belts come apart?

Also deciding what to do with the handles and sun visors.
[Image: 1c8c63d5.jpg]
Edges need folding under but you get the idea.

[Image: 9b3eed31.jpg]
what colour is that?!
Its black suede. but funny flash and lighting.
thought is ask, it looks a bit funny lol Big Grin
Not sure if I am happy with this. Good thing sun visors are cheap enough.

[Image: 1a3183d2.jpg]
Finished. Just got to pick a liner, finish it off the refit everything.

[Image: 1889fdaa.jpg]
Think you're being a little harsh on yourself with the roof liner lol, but i see what you mean. What's the problem, is the material sticking before it's been laid into the contours right or what..?
It's a pita laying the material on the contours especially on a sun roof liner. Easiest thing is lay the contours in areas a couple of inches big at a time and work the material into the contours. Its supprisingly stretchy without starting to show the base layer.
Right spoke to the people at gaz today.

New spring cups coming to the gaz golds, so i can go back to my Compbrake top mounts.

They are going to repair the old coilovers and return them to me next week.

Hoping to get the wheels, and bit done this weekend.
This should divide a few on here lol.

New alloys.

[Image: 84cf47cf.jpg]

[Image: cd2e3117.jpg]
There awesome! Big Grin

Who painted the centers?
Shiny! O.o

Think i need to see them on to work out if i like them like that... Fair play though, definitely different.
It's not paint. Yea I need to see them on the car but with shiny body work.
wowwwwww sexy wheels! they gold leaf on them or something?
Nope lol
Look good but I don't know if it's just the photo but the finish round the edges doesn't look good. I'd be sending them back to get them to do a better job!
Is a quality idea though.
Confusedhock: ermm mark... someone's stuck kitchen tiles to your rimz mate!?

seriously, what is it/are they, how the??

also, as niall said, that finish round the edges looks iffy to me, maybe the pictures..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16