306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: 1.4 power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all probably a daft question but is there and kind of chip or something you can put in the cars ecu to get more power? or am I talking crap lol
Nope, nothing really. Any chip that claims to work... Really doesn't
Save your pennies for a DTurbo/gti6

If you're hell bent on the 1.4 then you'd probably have to look at turbos and supercharges.... Then it gets very expensive just to hit the power of a gti
Stripped, cams, throttle bodies, lightened everything. Might just keep with a '6 lol
Drop a 1.6 106 GTI 16v lump in it. Turbo charge that. Could be fun lol
Not much can be done on a small engine car, unless it come with a turbo from factory.
(11-07-2013, 03:27 PM)underground375 Wrote: [ -> ]Not much can be done on a small engine car, unless it come with a turbo from factory.

Doesn't need to come with it from factory, can quite easily slap a turbo on anything with enough knowledge/money/time
Cool cheers everyone. Iv got a gti6 but I'm not keen so going to flog it.. keeping hold of my little run around for now :-)
Where's your '6? Pics?
(11-07-2013, 07:43 PM)Grant Wrote: [ -> ]Where's your '6? Pics?

There's some in the member cars photos section under new Gti6 it's a China blue ph3
As said above nothing you can do without spending £££

If you want to do some tuning and get some power but still hold onto sone reliabilty/mpg/sensible/good run around insurence flogg both your cars and get a hdi or XUD ThumbsUp
my 1.4 was/is 80.4hp yo! on standard unleaded 95 maybe 85 at a push on v power nitro +
Yeah I'm looking at picking up a nice 3dr hdi once I get my gti6 sold on may even offer up a swaps :-) . Maybe get a remap or something :-)
(12-07-2013, 09:21 AM)k3ogh Wrote: [ -> ]my 1.4 was/is 80.4hp yo! on standard unleaded 95 maybe 85 at a push on v power nitro +

No.
No what? It was/is Smile
Seriously, you think there's magic fairies in V-power that suddenly add 5bhp?

(12-07-2013, 09:21 AM)k3ogh Wrote: [ -> ]my 1.4 was/is 80.4hp yo! on standard unleaded 95 maybe 85 at a push on v power nitro +

You might have an extra 0.2bhp if that...
(17-07-2013, 11:50 PM)Rippthrough Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, you think there's magic fairies in V-power that suddenly add 5bhp?

no! its the V power sticker that adds 5 bhp!! duh
that and a 'turbo' sticker and you'll easily see 100bhp
(18-07-2013, 07:14 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]that and a 'turbo' sticker and you'll easily see 100bhp

Nah, you need an ebay filter and sportex back box for that Wink
O shit i forgot to mention the sticker i need to add haha, maybe not 5 but vpower really makes a difference, you should try a tank of it i was impressed, im getting a extra 100 miles per tank, 600 odd
I do run VPower, because I have to due to the compression bump.
Pffft, I'm too tight to bother with fossil fuels these days. I try to use rapeseed oil though, as I reckon it produces more power than sunflower....
Does the 1.4 even have a knock sensor?
They do yes mate
(19-07-2013, 11:59 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]Does the 1.4 even have a knock sensor?

Late ones have a crude one, early ones don't.
It can't advance timing anyway, only retard it if it detects knock
Then I doubt it'd even make .2 hp difference lol
You'd probably loose a slight bit of power if anything, slower burn time.
Ha! That's true