306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Phase 3 Meridian vs D Turbo HDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there
I am looking to purchase my first car at the age of 18 anytime between September and January, i was wondering what the differences are between the meridian and d turbo hdi, is it just the d turbo that has the gti6 bodykit i.e. the side skirts etc? What are the differences between these two models?
Thanks in advance
the dturbo is also fitted with a GTI spec rear beam, i believe the meridian is slightly more luxurious interior also.
(10-07-2013, 08:55 AM)ginge191 Wrote: [ -> ]the dturbo is also fitted with a GTI spec rear beam, i believe the meridian is slightly more luxurious interior also.

Thanks for the info, so they both have the same body kit but just a different interior and rear torsion beam
The dturbo is gti6 suspension all round which i can only assume is a bit better than the pov spec stuff, Dturbo is more sporty, meridian is more top spec compfy. Toms306 knows all about the trim levels!
Body styling is th same. Meridian has comfort suspension whilst the Dturbo has full Gti spec suspension. Meridian has half leather seats where as the dt will have cloth ones (IMO, nicer than the leathers).
i believe so, yes. I'm not an hdi expert but know the dturbo in my opinion is the better option.

BUT the meridians will come with a half leather interior ThumbsUp
Wait...so I have a GTI beam and thicker front arb? Sweet, didn't realise that.
(10-07-2013, 08:58 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Toms306 knows all about the trim levels!

lol I do indeed.

Basically as everyone's already said though -

Phase 3 is basically a trim level itself, they all have electric windows, mirrors, auto wipers, sideskirts etc...

Dturbo - 3door or 5 door, cyclone alloys as standard, boot spoiler as standard, GTi suspension and rear beam (30mm lower than Meridian), cloth seats with 'peugeot' written all over then in either red or blue, manual rear windows if 5 door, sometimes sunroof instead of AC, and a 3 spoke leather steering wheel.

Meridian - 5 door only, swallow alloys as standard (some were specced with lasers, and later ones have cyclones also), no spoiler, softer comfort suspension (bit rolly), half leathers with a leaf pattern. If you go for X reg or newer, you also get fatter headrests, side airbags and rear electric windows. No sunroofs on meridians as far as I know, all climate control AC, and a 4 spoke leather steering wheel.

Personally I prefer Meridians (X reg or on) and then just lower them. But other people will prefer DTurbos and then change the interior.
(10-07-2013, 09:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 08:58 AM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]Toms306 knows all about the trim levels!

lol I do indeed.

Basically as everyone's already said though -

Phase 3 is basically a trim level itself, they all have electric windows, mirrors, auto wipers, sideskirts etc...

Dturbo - 3door or 5 door, cyclone alloys as standard, boot spoiler as standard, GTi suspension and rear beam (30mm lower than Meridian), cloth seats with 'peugeot' written all over then in either red or blue, manual rear windows if 5 door, sometimes sunroof instead of AC, and a 3 spoke leather steering wheel.

Meridian - 5 door only, swallow alloys as standard (some were specced with lasers, and later ones have cyclones also), no spoiler, softer comfort suspension (bit rolly), half leathers with a leaf pattern. If you go for X reg or newer, you also get fatter headrests, side airbags and rear electric windows. No sunroofs on meridians as far as I know, all climate control AC, and a 4 spoke leather steering wheel.

Personally I prefer Meridians (X reg or on) and then just lower them. But other people will prefer DTurbos and then change the interior.

Thanks to everyone who replied, thanks for all the information on the two cars/trims toms306, even my dad who used to work for Peugeot and sold countless 306 couldnt remember all that!

Looks like i will be going for a 306 d turbo hdi then, due to all the gti6 suspension, cyclones (which are a must) and rear spoiler, not very many out there for sale there, if there is they have usually been messed about with non standard bodykits which in my opinion the 306 look great standard!
(10-07-2013, 09:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Basically as everyone's already said though -

Toms information is the closest to being correct.

Cyclones were only standard on late meridian SE cars

The GTi used different springs and dampers due to the different weight of the engine. If you ever get a chance to drive a GTi you'll understand, they just feel so much more "together" than any non GTi 306.The DTurbo is usually cited as being 15-20mm lower but I believe (no proof) that the 3 door shell sits lower and so might not necessarily be different suspension.

The suspension that was different/same as the GTi is here
GTi/Dturbo - Front Anti-roll bar = 21mm Rear Anti-roll bar = 24mm Rear Torsion Bars = 20mm
Meridian - Front Anti-roll bar = 19mm Rear Anti-roll bar = 20mm Rear Torsion Bars = 19.3mm

Both models of HDi got 266mm front discs and 247mm rear discs. Theres 2 types of master cylinder listed for both the Meridian and the DTurbo, 22.2mm & 23.8mm with no differentiation between what was fitted to what. 23.8mm was the GTi6 size though.

IMO id get a HDi DTurbo because the 3dr is better looking, it guarantees you cyclones (wheels) and the only downside is that they have a price premium on them and you don't get leathers but its an easy swap to fit a set of GTi6 leathers.
(10-07-2013, 10:54 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 09:12 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Basically as everyone's already said though -

Toms information is the closest to being correct.

Cyclones were only standard on late meridian SE cars

The GTi used different springs and dampers due to the different weight of the engine. If you ever get a chance to drive a GTi you'll understand, they just feel so much more "together" than any non GTi 306.The DTurbo is usually cited as being 15-20mm lower but I believe (no proof) that the 3 door shell sits lower and so might not necessarily be different suspension.

The suspension that was different/same as the GTi is here
GTi/Dturbo - Front Anti-roll bar = 21mm Rear Anti-roll bar = 24mm Rear Torsion Bars = 20mm
Meridian - Front Anti-roll bar = 19mm Rear Anti-roll bar = 20mm Rear Torsion Bars = 19.3mm

Both models of HDi got 266mm front discs and 247mm rear discs. Theres 2 types of master cylinder listed for both the Meridian and the DTurbo, 22.2mm & 23.8mm with no differentiation between what was fitted to what. 23.8mm was the GTi6 size though.

IMO id get a HDi DTurbo because the 3dr is better looking, it guarantees you cyclones (wheels) and the only downside is that they have a price premium on them and you don't get leathers but its an easy swap to fit a set of GTi6 leathers.

Thanks Dum Dum, yes i also think that the 3 door is better looking, are the seats grippier/more comfortable to sit in in the meridian or is there not much diference i.e. is it worth switching the d turbo hdi seats for the seats in the meridian or gti6?
Seats are personal preference, you can only really swap 3dr to 3dr and 5dr to 5dr though

IMO S16 seats are most comfortable
(10-07-2013, 11:10 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Seats are personal preference, you can only really swap 3dr to 3dr and 5dr to 5dr though

IMO S16 seats are most comfortable

Ok, thanks again Dum Dum
Im suprised you can fit in an s16 seat chris Tongue
(10-07-2013, 12:00 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Im suprised you can fit in an s16 seat chris Tongue

I'm an expert at fitting big things in tight spaces.
(10-07-2013, 10:11 AM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to everyone who replied, thanks for all the information on the two cars/trims toms306, even my dad who used to work for Peugeot and sold countless 306 couldnt remember all that!

He obviously doesn't live for the 306 like we do on here. lol

But I'm quite anal about spec..... My first car was so poverty spec the only door loom wires were for the speakers lol. So after that I always chose better specced cars...could also tell you the trim levels for MK4 Golfs and Vectra C's. lol
(10-07-2013, 04:32 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 10:11 AM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks to everyone who replied, thanks for all the information on the two cars/trims toms306, even my dad who used to work for Peugeot and sold countless 306 couldnt remember all that!

He obviously doesn't live for the 306 like we do on here. lol

But I'm quite anal about spec..... My first car was so poverty spec the only door loom wires were for the speakers lol. So after that I always chose better specced cars...could also tell you the trim levels for MK4 Golfs and Vectra C's. lol

Haha no he doesnt, hes had 3 306s in the past though, a phase 1, phase 2's and a phase 3, haha thats just called being a petrolhead or dieselhead... Just like me, my uncles both have a 306 too, and have a 307, my parents also had a 307 and now have a 207 and a 308 which i currently drive, we are soon to switch the 308 with a 208, we have/have had a large family of Peugeots! And thats just sad knowing that too Wink
They'd fit in well here. I'm on my 12th 306 Smile
Now servicebox is confusing because the gti part number for springs is also listed for the hdi uprated (guessing dturbo) model.
Thats really odd cos I've fitted GTi6 springs to a HDi and it definitely raised it.
This is GTI improved suspension:
[Image: Picture5.png]

This is listed on HDI improved suspension:
[Image: Picture6.png]

Part number 5002 P7
your not wrong mate, thats f*cking weird.
(10-07-2013, 06:01 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]They'd fit in well here. I'm on my 12th 306 Smile

12!? What models were they?
Lol, makes my 6 look pathetic Chris, I didn't realise you'd had that many 306s!
(10-07-2013, 08:06 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]12!? What models were they?

So in order.

Green ph2 1.9 DTurbo 3dr
Black ph3 2.0 DTurbo 3dr
Grey ph2 2.0 XSi cabriolet
Grey ph1 1.9 SLDT sedan
Green ph2 1.9 DTurbo 3dr
Silver ph3 2.0 Meridian SE estate
Blue ph2 2.0 XSi cabriolet
White ph2 2.0 GTi6
White ph1 2.1TD converted SLDT sedan
Blue ph2 2.0 XSi roadster
Silver ph3 2.0 HDi LX 5dr
White ph3 2.0 HDi meridian SE estate.

Ive also had a ZX, a 106, a 406 and other french scrap along with a load of other stuff

(10-07-2013, 08:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, makes my 6 look pathetic Chris, I didn't realise you'd had that many 306s!
Yeah I technically own 3 at the moment.
(10-07-2013, 08:52 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-07-2013, 08:06 PM)MY95 Wrote: [ -> ]12!? What models were they?

So in order.

Green ph2 1.9 DTurbo 3dr
Black ph3 2.0 DTurbo 3dr
Grey ph2 2.0 XSi cabriolet
Grey ph1 1.9 SLDT sedan
Green ph2 1.9 DTurbo 3dr
Silver ph3 2.0 Meridian SE estate
Blue ph2 2.0 XSi cabriolet
White ph2 2.0 GTi6
White ph1 2.1TD converted SLDT sedan
Blue ph2 2.0 XSi roadster
Silver ph3 2.0 HDi LX 5dr
White ph3 2.0 HDi meridian SE estate.

Ive also had a ZX, a 106, a 406 and other french scrap along with a load of other stuff

Some addict! Haha, Quite a lot there then, how old are you if you dont mind me asking?

Im 27, got my first one at 19 IIRC