306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: What's it worth? (BMW content)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I swapped my Astravan for a BMW 316ti with the intention of selling it on as I don't really want one plus it'd be ridiculously expensive on insurance and fuel. It was the only reasonable offer I'd had in about a month of it being on eBay, Gumtree and Pistonheads hence why I swapped my van for a car I'm not too keen on, as I have the HDi anyway the car I really wanted.

But I have no idea as to what it's 'really' worth. It has:
  • 1.8 petrol engine
  • 140k miles
  • Leather front seats
  • 6 disc changer in boot w/aftermarket head unit
  • Carbon fibre wrapped bonnet/spoiler/door pillars
  • Carbon dipped filler cap/dashboard
  • 16" BMW alloys in matte black
  • 02 plate
  • MOT till September, tax until December

[Image: 1045070_194247550738786_50794851_n.jpg]
[Image: 1017358_194247620738779_114895384_n.jpg]

I've put it up for £1000 but I think that might be a bit high for a car that's knocking on a bit now and has a considerably high mileage for a petrol unit :/

Opinions on how I should price it anyone?

Thanks
I'd rip all the stickers and vinyl off it and paint the wheels original silver colour the high mileage and the fact it looks like a chav has owned it will put most people off
(07-07-2013, 12:13 AM)Danny2009 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd rip all the stickers and vinyl off it and paint the wheels original silver colour the high mileage and the fact it looks like a chav has owned it will put most people off

The stickers will definetely be going, there's even a JDM shocker sticker on the boot :S It does look 'chavvy' but I'm worried that taking the vinyl off might damage the lacquer underneath? I'll look for a guide to doing it safely.

As for the wheels I don't really have the money to be paying someone to do it or the expertise to do a good job myself so they'll probably stay as they are and just hope someone likes the black on silver look Smile They're done well anyway.

Cheers
Nice warm days like this week should be fine, just peel it off slow
heat gun n patience.

defo remove it all
Im with danny, I wouldn't worry about the wheels but id pull all the stickers and vinyl , would make it a lot easier to sell, a hair dryer will do the job to get it off ThumbsUp
I'd give you £600 as is..
Yeah return it to stock as much as possible mate

you should see 1k no problem i sold a 03 plate 316ti in February for 1300 quid with 96k half service history and fecked lollypop bushes

get it on the bay thats were i sold mine stick a reserve of about 800 you should see your figure i recon mate
As above remove the stickers. Use a fudge wheel (eraser wheel). Its the proper bodyshop tool for removing stickers and glue safely from paintwork and goes in a drill. Id give consideration to taking the wheels off and giving them a quick blast of silver. Hammerite will stick well with little prep and look shiny till you get rid of the car.

Theres a few on autotrader with a little less mileage at about the £2000 mark (which i find a shocker as I wouldn't pay more than £600 for one). I suppose the price depends on how quickly you want rid of it.
Cheers for all the replies everyone Smile While it was sunny today I peeled the vinyl off the door pillars, boot handle and spoiler but it's left some sticky residue, what's best to get this off? I used nail polish remover in the past but it takes a lot of elbow grease and I don't know if it would damage the lacquer?

Anyone know what else I could use?

I think I'll have a go at spraying the alloys myself, can't be too hard with a good bit of research and preparation.

Cheers Smile
Autoglym intensive tar remover will take the residue off without damaging paint.

Spraying is easy enough if you don't have to worry about the finish lasting. A light sanding with some 800 grit wet and dry, use it wet, dry the wheels then mask up with masking tape and newspaper then just blast with hammerite. 2 or 3 cans should do those wheels as they aren't multi spokes
(07-07-2013, 04:35 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: [ -> ]Autoglym intensive tar remover will take the residue off without damaging paint.

Spraying is easy enough if you don't have to worry about the finish lasting. A light sanding with some 800 grit wet and dry, use it wet, dry the wheels then mask up with masking tape and newspaper then just blast with hammerite. 2 or 3 cans should do those wheels as they aren't multi spokes

Ahh cheers I'll pick some up next week then Smile

As for spraying the alloys it ought to give me a bit of experience and a practice run for when I get round to picking up and spraying a set of nimrods for the pug Smile I read a guide on detailingworld that recommended deflating the tyre before masking it off? Is that essential or could I do it with the tyre still full?

Cheers
I have always used the deck of cards trick when refurbing and spraying wheels tbh mate good as out saves letting the tyre down