306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Tyre Monster - Right to be concerned?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something has munched a bit of my tyre, I can only assume it was a tyre monster.

Well OK, something has gouged into it, something sharp. There's no way this is coming close to contact with the car itself or a chassis component.

The reason for my concern is that it's taken a good 2mm out of the sidewall at its deepest and it's on the inside edge so I can't monitor it. I'm worried it will become a bulge.

Fecking things are only 3 months old too. Here's a pic-

[Image: tyre.jpg]

Should I be concerned?
Nah carry on
That's what pot holes do....

Happened to me going to the scrappy last year, their lane was full of deep, sharp potholes and when I got home noticed a gouge and some cracks like that. It did turn into a small bulge but wasn't really noticeable. I couldn't afford another tyre so drove on it for another 6 months or so before getting rid of the car without any issues...of course, you might be unlucky though.
I'd monitor it. If it's weakened the tyre it'll bulge, and if it does I'd bin it.
Dunno, its sidewall damage, if it were me id be looking to get it replaced as soon as I could afford.
I'd replace it.

195/50's are so f*cking cheap anyway, Camskill have Rainsport 2's in at £33.25
(05-07-2013, 11:44 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I'd monitor it. If it's weakened the tyre it'll bulge, and if it does I'd bin it.

It won't always bulge. The one I had very similar to that on the outer sidewall just went flat overnight
i say that'll probs be ok . . .don't blame me if you crash and burn though . .lol
(05-07-2013, 12:34 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2013, 11:44 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: [ -> ]I'd monitor it. If it's weakened the tyre it'll bulge, and if it does I'd bin it.

It won't always bulge. The one I had very similar to that on the outer sidewall just went flat overnight

I hope you blamed Toyo for the bulge? It must be their fault. F1 says so.
I'd replace it for peace of mind, especially if the little one is gunna be in the car at any point
(05-07-2013, 12:41 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-07-2013, 12:34 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: [ -> ]

I hope you blamed Toyo for the bulge? It must be their fault. F1 says so.

Of course! It couldnt possibly be my fault!
Nah that's fine. I've seen worse. Mainly on eds car!!
Hmm. Tough call imo, if it were on the outside I'd be more inclined to leave it and monitor. But as it's not, maybe worth changing it.
I would put it on my rear, keep an eye on it, and keep my cool.

If it starts bulging just change trye, if not goodo, but dont do any 100+ high speed rallycrossing with it Wink
Its always going to be bugging you so for the price of a new tyer then I would change it. Better to be safe than sorry an all that. After all, cheap enough just for the peice of mind.
For the sake of 30 quid I'd change it, especially since you're ferrying around the girlfriend and little one.
I've seen worse and if it was mine, I'd keep an eye on it. But it's a judgement call and I don't have a child to drive around.
sidewall damage leads to a blow out.

remember the sidewalls carry the entire weight of the car, when you corner the weight is then transferred unequally-----
so play safe and go and buy a tyre....
I think I'll replace it when I get back, too short notice now. Will just take it safe and steady and have a peep at it whenever I can.

Fecking thing. Maybe I'll bung it on the spare wheel.
Bit of duct tape, be grand
(05-07-2013, 06:40 PM)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Bit of duct tape, be grand

lol
Check out my project project thread to see how sidewall damaage goes. Get replaced for tge cost of it , i jiston did all4 for 162