306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: hdi cutting out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all my brother has seen a hdi for sale but the seller says it has a intermittent problem it keeps cutting out when driving along any help would be grateful
Haha well I wouldnt pay much for it if I was you. Click the link in the bottom left corner of my sig if youd like an idea of possible causes/what your brother would be letting himself in for.
Yeah I wouldn't pay anywhere near the 600 for that
he wont pay what he asking for anyway he will try and get a at least a couple of hundred off the price
Be worth it in parts alone for 400.
Thought id update this thread instead of making another.
I have just picked up a hdi and has a cutting out problem its fine driving normally bit if you put your foot down it gets to about 3700rpm then cuts out. It takes a couple of tries to get it started then the eml stays on aswell. Can anyone help me out with this?
Possibly lift pump...

Have you got a code reader?
No unfortunately I haven't mate.
Where about are you based, as there might be a member near that could help?
As above. Also, check out the link in my sig.
I am from Spalding in Lincolnshire. Ill have a look through your link poodle thanks for that. I have heard that it could be the fpr playing up can anyone confirm this I am new to hdi's more use to dturbo's and petrol engines lol
Could well be, that'd usually be one of my frst ports of call.
I have same problem. Got it read says lift pump
The code will say "low/high pressure fuel circuit", or something along those lines. There's a chance it could be the lift pump, but there's a fairly even chance it could be the fpr, guess which one's free to check. Wink
I got a reader if you are stuck mate.
Oohh might take you up on that c2k lol. But I have give it a service with a new fuel filter and it seems to be ok atm. The previous owner has run it on red diesel so it could of been a load of crap in the filter.
Fuel filter can cause these to cut out, did you replace it with a genuine one?
It wasnt genuine as the nearest pug/citroen is about 30 mile from me. I got one from my local motor factors that I have been using for years and are usually good quality parts it hasnt cut oit since just gotta sort out the boost leak now lol
Fair play, can't remember who the genuine ones are made by, purflux maybe...? As long as it's decent quality and not cheap and nasty. Getting there mate!