306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Decent car vac?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been putting off cleaning the inside of my car because I want to do it properly with a handheld car vac (to use on the seats). I bought a "Clean Genie" from Asda but it had hardly any suction so I took it back. From what I have read from Google research it seems that decent car vacs are hard to comeby, anyone know of any decent ones?
Why not just use the hoover? I just get Henry out from under my bed. Job done.
You can just use a household hoover, but sometimes there's a bit more dirt and grime so if that were the case I'd probably just go to use one at a petrol station to get the worst of it removed.
I just use the Dyson Undecided
Henry ftw
DC44 FTW
Henry!!! Ive got a 110v henry its a reet ball ache with the tranny but does a good job.

Dysons are crap for the car.
Is it a mini Henry? Because my mum already has a standard Henry that I can use.
I also use a henry, yes standard size one Puggy.

We also have an upright dyson...which is crap for everything except the carpet in the centre of a room. lol

Henry ftw for me. Wink

I've wanted to wet-vac interiors before (the Vec one is clean though so no need) but they're so expensive, even just to rent one for a bit. That'll be the best way to clean a really dirty interior though.
I just use the house vac. 1900w Dyson style Hoover. Awesome at everything. Sometimes have to sit it on the seat to get the reach on the hose but it's cool. Have to do mats outside the car as it just sticks to them. In all honnesty it's probably too powerful but any car vacs I've used have been utter shite
Can't you get ones like Henry that can suck up water?
Sure my dad had one.
I would use some sort of cleaning product and warm water and suck it up with that.
Currently I just use my mums Hoover and a stiff brush to get difficult bits up
vax ftw

then full on upholstery carpet cleaner with mini adapter to really clean

small hand held vacs suck (!!)
(28-06-2013, 11:22 PM)Stephen Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you get ones like Henry that can suck up water?

Yep that's George, the green 1
(29-06-2013, 06:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]small hand held vacs suck (!!)

No they don't....that's the issue. lol
Vax FTW sucks up all the antifreeze in the carpet from the heater matrix

and Henry's Not a tranny or Dum-Dum would be attached to him
They had the Vax in Sainsbury's for half price on the same day that I went to take the Clean Genie back but after I took the Genie back and came back to buy the Vax it had gone! Typical! They have them on eGay for £35 pounds but I would rather have the option of returning it.
Just to confirm, is this the Vax everyone is on about:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VAX-PORTAB...3223378%26

Just to confirm, is this the Vax everyone is on about?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VAX-PORTAB...9117744%26
George FTW, going to do mine tomorrow evening if this warm weather holds out.
Ive got a hetty ( the pink one ) best hoover out there !
(30-06-2013, 09:06 PM)k3ogh Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got a hetty ( the pink one ) best hoover out there !

It's that so you feel a little is gay?
I use Henry too, but I don't have that long thin tool, which is ideal for getting down between the seats
I have a Charles which is wet and dry vac
(30-06-2013, 10:15 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: [ -> ]
(30-06-2013, 09:06 PM)k3ogh Wrote: [ -> ]Ive got a hetty ( the pink one ) best hoover out there !

It's that so you feel a little is gay?

Haha something like that Big Grin
[Image: dyson-root-6-vacuum-1.jpg]

Mate has 2 of these bad boys for sale if anyone is interested?
why bother with a hugely crap handheld vac designed to pick up spilt cereal when you need a powerful hoover to suck the grime out of car upholstery!!?
(30-06-2013, 10:45 PM)Connor Wrote: [ -> ]I use Henry too, but I don't have that long thin tool, which is ideal for getting down between the seats

Lol some begger stole my thin hose bit for the end of my henry left it on the cars roof came back out gone lol..
(03-07-2013, 05:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]why bother with a hugely crap handheld vac designed to pick up spilt cereal when you need a powerful hoover to suck the grime out of car upholstery!!?

This. I've never understood why people pay literally hundreds on a Hoover. There must be a reason why all cleaners use Henry's.
(03-07-2013, 05:48 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]why bother with a hugely crap handheld vac designed to pick up spilt cereal when you need a powerful hoover to suck the grime out of car upholstery!!?

I bought a Black and Decker dustbuster the other day, from Halfrauds reduced to £28 pounds. It has decent sucking power for a handheld, but I can't help but think it will be relegated to vacuuming the seats. The problem I find with the large vacuum cleaners is that the brush head is too large to properly fit onto the floor to go back and forth. You need something in between really.
(03-07-2013, 02:01 PM)306Puggy Wrote: [ -> ]

The problem I find with the large vacuum cleaners is that the brush head is too large to properly fit onto the floor to go back and forth. You need something in between really.

Huh

are you saying you use the floor head to hoover your car with?!

thought of detaching the hose and using these?!

[Image: 140.jpg]
Good idea piggy. But I have the dustbuster now.
Pages: 1 2