306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: bit of a silly question lol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so i was avin a chat with the mrs earlyer about things shoved up y exhaust pip lol yeh yeh the exhaust on ya car you pervey gits lol and was woundering wht would happen if i stuck sponge up there lol again stop you dirty minded people lol just curiois would this reduce the exhaust gases comming out but still alow them to come out enuff not to build up pressure.....i told you its a silly question lol...
Really it depends on the density, volume and composition of the sponge.
Technically it would act as a DPF for a bit, but would then either melt, or become clogged and wont regenerate.
^^^ Dunno, I reckon if you got a brick of that green "oasis" sponge stuff they use for flower arranging then you wouldn't be able to get enough gas out for the car to run.
(26-06-2013, 06:53 PM)Atterz Wrote: [ -> ]Technically it would act as a DPF for a bit, but would then either melt, or become clogged and wont regenerate.

Dpf.???¿ simple terms please lol...
(26-06-2013, 07:09 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2013, 06:53 PM)Atterz Wrote: [ -> ]Technically it would act as a DPF for a bit, but would then either melt, or become clogged and wont regenerate.

Diesel particulate filter. Basically a catalytic converter for a diesel.

Seems like a pretty wank idea to me tbph, but I'm not sure if i missed the point of the original post, kinda confused me a bit. lol
(26-06-2013, 07:18 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-06-2013, 07:09 PM)pugjohn306 Wrote: [ -> ]

Diesel particulate filter. Basically a catalytic converter for a diesel.

Seems like a pretty wank idea to me tbph, but I'm not sure if i missed the point of the original post, kinda confused me a bit. lol

It was just a silly question to what a sponge would do in exhaust lol i thought about stickin one up for my mot might help co2 etc etc lol knowing my luck it would blow out as they started it lol..
Fair enough, still don't get why you'd want to stick anything up your exhaust, innuendo or otherwise, let alone for an mot.....