306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Wire with metal hanging down near clutch pedal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello whats this hanging down with a wire and metal thing near clutch pedal?

Where it ment to go?

[Image: DSC01270.jpg]
Odd. Is there anything in reach it looks likenit could connect to?
this was answered a few years back and for the life of me i cant remember what it was used for...
Wasn't it something to do with the heaters like a probe
If you look right at the back of the foot well, you will see a small hole it goes into. You will need to straighten it up though as its bent.
It's a temperature probe for your "climate control"
Jonny b Wrote:Wasn't it something to do with the heaters like a probe

something like that, i know it wasnt anything essential but an added option...

iirc, it was put down to "Is everything still working, if so, dont worry.."
NiallHarper Wrote:If you look right at the back of the foot well, you will see a small hole it goes into. You will need to straighten it up though as its bent.

How does the climate control work or what does it do?
Means you can make it rain or snow, or anything like that really. Or at least that's what it should do, what it actually means once you've removed the marketing bs, is "blowers" lol.
Poodle Wrote:Means you can make it rain or snow, or anything like that really. Or at least that's what it should do, what it actually means once you've removed the marketing bs, is "blowers" lol.

lol this, apart from it keeps the cabin at a constant temp, your temp dial will have *C round the edge of it IIRC Smile

But yeah, I remember that thread, it was, as said already, a probe for the climate control from a duct in the drivers footwell.
its the shear pin that holds the steering columb together whistle
NiallHarper Wrote:If you look right at the back of the foot well, you will see a small hole it goes into. You will need to straighten it up though as its bent.

I will straighten it up then put the probe sensor in the hole.
I have had this on all my cars, I was sure i read that the sensor for climate control was in the console on the roof but might be wrong.
HDIkyle Wrote:I have had this on all my cars, I was sure i read that the sensor for climate control was in the console on the roof but might be wrong.

This is the sensor for the air temp in the ducting coming out of the vents IIRC Smile
Im surprised we managed to get to February for someone to ask this lol next it will be the pipes off the fuel filter and header tank lol
Peugeot Anal probe for Mice/Similar sized furry creatures, optional extra apparently.
Were the end of the probe facing to the right there a rubber gromit. I straighten it out the probe and it pluged in there job done.

thanks everyone.