306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Insurance :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm 27 .. Got 3pts and no NCBS Sad .. Companies are quoting me 1800+ for my 306 .. Any of you good people know anyway of getting it down a bit ?
ouch

what306? any mods?

who has quoted you that?
add a female member of your family as a named driver . .usually works a treat . .Smile
(25-06-2013, 09:44 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: [ -> ]add a female member of your family as a named driver . .usually works a treat . .Smile

I found only if she is over 25!
306 2.0 hdi d turbo v reg ... I've added my bro (he is 29) and it was mce .. That's the cheapest so far

No mods either
Give Brentacre a call. V helpful. And if its a good quote, say it was from 306oc you got sent, give us more discount then!
Aviva were good to me, give them a go
Ive found privilege to be the cheapest for me.
Aviva just quoted 15000 lol
(25-06-2013, 10:18 AM)Far_ba85 Wrote: [ -> ]Aviva just quoted 15000 lol

lmao
The only real way is to shop around. You need to be 100% honest so there really aren't any "tricks", only really adding people as said.

Just keep trying, then once you have a quote which you feel is getting "reasonable", you can tell the next company what it was and hope they'll beat it... then go back to the other one etc etc.

Brentacre and Greenlight are both brilliant for me.
Sky were good for me and do an owners club discount.

To be fair with points and no NCB I dont think youll be beating £1800 by much. Im about the same age but with a full protected NCB in a low risk job and living in a low risk post code and My premium is about £6-700 whch when you BIM that my NCB would take 50-60% off your premium your about right
Brentacre just rang but can't quote cause my car isn't heavily modified

Think I live in a high risk area too .. Brackenhall in huddersfield hd2
wow oh wow!

Tried telling them you got a stage 1 map and decat? might be enough for them to cover
(25-06-2013, 10:46 AM)lolsteve Wrote: [ -> ]wow oh wow!

Tried telling them you got a stage 1 map and decat? might be enough for them to cover

Yeah this, I actually find it cheaper to insure a modified car than a standard one
Ill give them a ring later on .. Gonna get a stage 1 remap anyway .. Only paid 570 for the car so don't really wanna be paying 4x it's worth
dumdum...get onto brentacre dude!

Im 25...got 3yrs ncb, heavy modded...I pay about 450
(25-06-2013, 10:55 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]dumdum...get onto brentacre dude!

brentacre wanted more than sky by a substantial amount

Ive got 2 non fault crashes against my name in the last 3 years and points and im single and i wasnt a homeowner when i took out the policy so im not exactly the lowest risk

Hoping itll go down again next year as since ive moved my mileage has nosedived, only done about 500 miles a month the last few months, maybe not even that at times.
Have you guys tried greenlight ? 286 quid for the gti6 fully comp for me ask to talk to Neil
(25-06-2013, 10:55 AM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]dumdum...get onto brentacre dude!

Bitch please. Heavily modified?

£600FC on the tank
Brentacre done me good. I pay £900 on my own with a hdi modified. 21 3 years no claims.
With green light from July. Paying 500FC on the Gti, all mods covered at 22 with 5 years NCB