306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: why I love 306s...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know they have weak spots for rust...but this is usually due to lack of care on a 306...

but this is the underside of a 51 plate fiat punto, which is MINT elsewhere...

[Image: 20130621_192915_zps7edfe795.jpg]
[Image: 20130621_192936_zps5e801154.jpg]
[Image: 20130621_192942_zps76289976.jpg]

started as a small hole....thankfully the driverside is just flakey, so rub back to metal and underseal that side will be fine....but guna be doing a lot of welding on the nearside!

PS

those pics were taken mid rub down....

theres even less metal along the sill now
Jesus that's a right mess!
hang on...

[Image: 20130622_160621_zpsd4bebb94.jpg]
[Image: 20130622_160628_zps9d318cd3.jpg]

there we go

irritating this is, guna have to take seat out and lift carpet as I'll just end up setting the thing on fire with that much welding...

all be it that it would be better off a burnt shell!
Think you need a new floor lol fiat for you, i still have no idea how fiat are trading as a company the worst cars made i think
you are keen to patch that up.
It's just a '51 plate Punto, is it even worth fixing that? Confused

But I agree, right mess!
Mint elsewhere...
And Im getting £25pr hr to do it...so yeah
that explains why I saw a lot of fiats in scrappies that were not even 10 years old yet.
f*ck that, thats like Ford levels of rust lol
similar story , r reg fiesta went for mot on Saturday; both rear chassis legs sides are rotten from the sill---all way around the arch right the way to the boot floor. both sides covered up by fords unique carpet wheel arch liner that soaks up water to eat the car while you sleep !!!!! I gave the guy the option to scrap it but he wants me to get it fixed....................going to be a busy boy on Saturday then.
Jesus that nothing want to come and sort the 76 mini in my garage ?
f*ck welding that, scrap the heap of shit
Nearly done tbh. You just get a little sick of welding for 5 years Dodgy

Worth a fortune when its done
Sorry puggie, I was talking bout the punto lol
(24-06-2013, 03:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Mint elsewhere...

Oh fair enough, thought it might've been yours. Tongue

If it was mine I'd scrap it lol...or if it is mint break it.

I never understand people that spend a fortune fixing old cars. My Dad spent over £500 putting his Mondeo through MOT last week, the cars only worth £750 at a push! Confused
Cheaper than buying a new car, and you dont buy more problems.
(24-06-2013, 08:09 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2013, 03:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]Mint elsewhere...

Oh fair enough, thought it might've been yours. Tongue

If it was mine I'd scrap it lol...or if it is mint break it.

I never understand people that spend a fortune fixing old cars. My Dad spent over £500 putting his Mondeo through MOT last week, the cars only worth £750 at a push! Confused

Better the devil you know though, Eh Tom?
yup... what she do other wise.... buy another punto and not know anything about it
(24-06-2013, 08:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yup... what she do other wise.... buy another punto and not know anything about it

No, the idea is NOT to buy another Punto. Tongue
(24-06-2013, 08:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]
(24-06-2013, 08:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: [ -> ]yup... what she do other wise.... buy another punto and not know anything about it

No, the idea is NOT to buy another Punto. Tongue

Whadd'ya buy instead then Tom? A golf?
At the end of the day, not everyone views a car as a disposable item... They just want their car to work again or be roadworthy
looks like the underside of my mini
Regardless of the fact that it may cost 400 to fix a 500 car, its then one thing fixed. Its a wasteful and pointless idea to scrap a 500 quid car just to buy another of a similar value and then have the same issue a few months later.
(24-06-2013, 09:24 PM)Niall Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of the fact that it may cost 400 to fix a 500 car, its then one thing fixed. Its a wasteful and pointless idea to scrap a 500 quid car just to buy another of a similar value and then have the same issue a few months later.

And then a week later the clutch/headgasket fails and you've got another £300 garage job on your hands... Trust me, I've done it twice and learnt from it!

I do see the point in that fixing it is one less thing to go wrong, but that's just one less out all the hundreds of things that could potentially go wrong as soon as you fix it...

I don't think its wasteful anyway, it's not like they go to landfill, they get broken for the parts and then the majority of the car gets recycled anyway. If everyone kept their car until it literally fell apart there'd be no used spares around.

Matter of opinion I guess, as Curt said.
I'd be inclined to bin that and get another one.... Wait, feck that, you don't want the pussy button issues or a potentially botched hg job, find something else! Was it permanently driven on salty roads? Alfas have a nasty habit of rusting the floorpans due to piss poor undercoating, unusual to see on a mk2 though....

Yes, I'm a Fiat fanboi and recommend binning it Big Grin
(25-06-2013, 08:56 AM)Toms306 Wrote: [ -> ]And then a week later the clutch/headgasket fails and you've got another £300 garage job on your hands... Trust me, I've done it twice and learnt from it!

I do see the point in that fixing it is one less thing to go wrong, but that's just one less out all the hundreds of things that could potentially go wrong as soon as you fix it

We should all do as Tom does, buy another car and a month later find out that's ALSO a shitheap and the parts cost twice as much as the old one.

However, buying any FIAT should be an insta-ban. I have never seen cars rust so fast in my life as the last Brava we had, it went from perfect to holes everywhere in a year. I put my f*cking thumb through the front subframe whilst moving the jack under it and it was only 6 years old at the time!

£25 p/h wouldn't cover the grinding discs/wire/gas/electric/new metal on that shitheap!
25pr hr plus materials.

boooya
Win. Do a good job because it'll be back next month for some more....
hopefully not....if I do a good job!
I've never had a 306 with a rear beam as rusty as mine though...and it's a 2001 car.

[Image: null-25.jpg]