306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Need some advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I haven't been here in a long time, hope everyone and their cars are doing ok.

Summer started here in Malta and the heat is a b****

My 306 does not have air conditioning, I got some opinions and some said it's not worth to install one.

I was wondering what you guys thought and how much does it cost, folks told me it could come up to 700euros but I don't know anything to be fair.

Any thoughts and maybe websites where they ship stuff to Malta would be appreciated if it is worth it.

Thank you.
Getting a pump and aux bracket for it would be quite easy, getting all the other pipework, wiring and condensor will cost you a fortune. Be much simpler imo to get a car with it already fitted.
(23-06-2013, 04:39 PM)Ricky Wrote: [ -> ]Getting a pump and aux bracket for it would be quite easy, getting all the other pipework, wiring and condensor will cost you a fortune. Be much simpler imo to get a car with it already fitted.

I've considered that to be honest, the thing is, I've changed the cylinder head, timing belt (although I'm gonna re-change the timing belt the next service since it's now 3 years old and the coolant pump [not sure what you properly call it in English sorry]) and when I was thinking of selling the car the mechanic said that I'm crazy cause the engine is quite good since I changed all the above and some wear and tear (I bought mine second hand.) If I buy another 306 I won't know what's the engine like unless I take it to the mechanic and he'll probably take it apart as well which will still cost me money, that's what's troubling me. I'm really in a pickle.