306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: rear end banging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got a annoying banging from the rear end oh er

can hear it on the left hand side sounds like the exhaust banging of the floor (its not)

does it from walking pace and with the old clutch (massive judder on it) before i changed it did on pull away. i was thinking a knacked shocker ( got new ones in post)
took left hand side shocker off and deffo better but still there Sad
and after reading a few posts pointing towards mounts dying is there a way of checking 100% without dropping the beam

had the boot full of crap the other day and it was quite pleasant but dont wanna drag half a ton crap about lol

did the weight by putting load on beam mounts or putting load on shock
Misleading thread title, thought I was in for a real treat

Check the mounts by having a poke, get rid of all the dirt etc and look at the rubber, you will soon see if they are any good
(17-06-2013, 10:14 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Misleading thread title, thought I was in for a real treat

QFT
(17-06-2013, 11:09 PM)Tom Wrote: [ -> ]
(17-06-2013, 10:14 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Misleading thread title, thought I was in for a real treat

QFT

Thought youd like the title lol

had the car up in the air beam unsupported just hanging on its mounts snd nothing obvious wrong with mounts
Sure its not exhaust hitting the bottom of the gear stick assembely? Iv had this soo many times. You get it a slightly the wrong angle and it hits as soon as you put the engine under any sort of load.

Cant imagine at walking pace the beam mounts would knock
(18-06-2013, 06:22 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Sure its not exhaust hitting the bottom of the gear stick assembely? Iv had this soo many times. You get it a slightly the wrong angle and it hits as soon as you put the engine under any sort of load.

Cant imagine at walking pace the beam mounts would knock

Cant feel anything through gear level and defo at rear if u bounce back end of car you can hear it hopefully new shocks when they turn up will fix the faster u go the less it is
have you tried handbrake on, in reverse and rock it on the clutch??

if it bangs then, its likely to be mounts
Ah wont be that then. As piggy say think thats the next thing to try
(18-06-2013, 07:53 AM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Ah wont be that then. As piggy say think thats the next thing to try

Did the clutch trick in forwards but did think of reverselol try that on the way home
i recon you need a set of these Big Grin

[attachment=7872]
Aye i reckon u could be right well atleast its not to expensive dont fancy the beam droppin out or can i just redneck fix it bolt up mounts so there solid?
the beam wont fall off
the larger mount has a pin though the mount hole i expect the rubbers weak or detatched itself allowing the mount to knock on the pin
Are they solid paul or just gen's?
(18-06-2013, 12:06 PM)puglove Wrote: [ -> ]Are they solid paul or just gen's?

just std mounts
Boooo solid mounts ftw even if they are pike welded OE ones. Only trouble with buying 1 set is i want them on all our 306s now lol
(18-06-2013, 10:48 AM)cully Wrote: [ -> ]i recon you need a set of these Big Grin

£25 for the full set delivered from eBay they look like to me Wink
well got home and new shocks are here so might aswell put them on the old ones are the orig and have done 125k so probs past they best and ill get a lever between beam and shell and check mounts
well all sorted fitted new shocks last nite no more banging SmileSmilehttp://306oc.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif