306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Help a local with IR keys.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So checked the key and it has light.

Put the key in, set it to position one. Held the button for five seconds up to the sensor but nothing.

Tried it on position one and two on the ignition, and have tried different combos on the buttons. Ie longer that 5 seconds, or repeatly pushing it.

Still no luck any suggestion.
Im in the same boat after getting a new key, you checked the sensor on the key is still attached?
You have put the IR LED up to a camera and pressed it to see if its working yeah?

If so, needs pug planet to resync it
Not my car, but yea looked at ir sender on the key through a camera. Ps iPhone cam does not pick up ir signal but other phones do.
Do you need the pug planet to resync ir keys then niall? Always thought it was just the process mark said..
(15-06-2013, 09:11 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you need the pug planet to resync ir keys then niall? Always thought it was just the process mark said..

You can try and resync with that method and normally it will work but sometimes it does need PP
The IR ones are supposed to resync by a combination of key turning and button pushing. Both my phases 1's have worked like that. If that helps anyone.

EDIT:
Google is your friend.

http://www.programyourkeys.com/Peugeot_3...tions.html
Done it and does work for single button keys.
I may need to employ your services then niall
For double button ir keys, you set the key to position 1 and push the big button, then little button directly at the sensor, no holding it or anything. Then key off and test it works
This is correct as me and rich have both done it in the past on other cars. Single button ones seem to be a bitch though.