306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Changing heater matrix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My mrs has a mk 1 diesel and her screen mists up and smells of antifreeze etc iv put rad weld in but dosent seem to wrk what sort of job is it to change matrix and how many hrs are we talking
Depending on how handy you are with spanners, anywhere between 3 too 8 hours. Its not a difficult job to have the dash out of a 306. Just a lot of bit to do!
As Nial said, its not difficult, just very time consuming. Took me about 6 hours all in.

There is a guide somewhere....

Ta da!!!! http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=78999
Well I'm a panel beater and we strip and refit cars all the time iv had dashes out b4 just wondering how much of a job it is my bro said its a nightmare was just wanting to know if any1 done it and how hard it is
Oh and do not remove the rubber bung that goes through the bulkhead. It took me bloody ages to get it back in, just cut a slit in it instead Smile
took me 20 mins to get the dash and heater out of my 306, don't need to remove the rubber bung, once the heater is unbolted from the bulkhead you just unclip the matrix hoses pull the old one out and new one in. job done, just refitting then, working methodically you can have the whole job done in about an hour and a half. remember to take the wiper motor out as theres a few bolts hidden underneath, all the other bolts are fairly easy to spot under the scuttle for the dash and dotted around the bulkhead for the heater.

is it an aircon or non aircon?
Non aircon it's the basic of basic model is there different matrix I need to look out for
(14-06-2013, 08:30 PM)Msparksdturbo Wrote: [ -> ]Non aircon it's the basic of basic model is there different matrix I need to look out for

thats good then, aircon is a pain when it comes to removing stuff quickly, im unsure if its the case for all 306 models, but the matrix change ive just done was between an aircon and a non aircon and theres no difference in the matrix itself, only the heater unit and blower motor is different
That's sound cheers don't think there that much on eBay by the looks so think I'm guna give it ago
(14-06-2013, 04:57 PM)londondan86 Wrote: [ -> ]As Nial said, its not difficult, just very time consuming. Took me about 6 hours all in.

There is a guide somewhere....

Ta da!!!! http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=78999

The 1 thing it doesn't tell you in that guide is to unscrew the heater controls !!!!

the 1st time I did it I followed this guide and didn't undo them, pulled the dash out snapped all the back of the controls and replacing that is a bitch