306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Removing top engine mount help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys,

Was just wondering if anyone could tell me how to remove the top engine mount. Tried undoing it using the torx end on the screw on top but it wouldnt budge.

Thanks in advance!
3 torx on the engine and a big ol one on the other end. Undo the lil strut and pull off the rubber cap thing then man up
Ye we did all that. But the torx end looks like its rounding off. Could we just get some grips on it and twist it out?
Huge dose of MTFU and lots of wd40
Haha ok, I will keep that in mind! Haha.
Breaker bar ftw - Lots of leverage should do the trick Wink
Just keep the ratchet at 90 to the bolt and pleany of leverage on there be it a good breaker bar or a pole
Awesome! Will try that!
I assume your talking about the mount itself not the arm that goes to it, if so theres 3 recesses, just use a hammer and chisel in one of those to undo it.
Jack up the engine ?
Ye we took off the arm and jacked the engine. But couldn't work out how to undo it without rounded the torx end out!
Foxy-jim Wrote:Ye we took off the arm and jacked the engine. But couldn't work out how to undo it without rounded the torx end out!
Definitely hammer and chisel (big screw driver) and tap it round anti clockwise (looking form the top).

Youll see the 3 recesses for sticking the chisel in in the rubber ontop.
Yep know where you mean! Got work today so will try and I it tomorrow or Tuesday!
Unfortunately I can't lend a hand Jim. My day off isn't until Thursday
Dum-Dum Wrote:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Ye we took off the arm and jacked the engine. But couldn't work out how to undo it without rounded the torx end out!
Definitely hammer and chisel (big screw driver) and tap it round anti clockwise (looking form the top).

Youll see the 3 recesses for sticking the chisel in in the rubber ontop.

Chris is it the same for the XU mounts? I was considering doing this with mine but there were no notches.
No worries jack!
don't try and use a cheap plastic screwdriver, that definitely won't work...i heard...
Haha on thanks for the advice!
lewisdmz Wrote:don't try and use a cheap plastic screwdriver, that definitely won't work...i heard...

You mean you heard as the handle snapped and spintered into your hand? lol
another way to remove it is to get two nuts on the thread and tighten them against each other, slot a socket over both of them and unscrew with breaker bar Smile
mark_airey Wrote:another way to remove it is to get two nuts on the thread and tighten them against each other, slot a socket over both of them and unscrew with breaker bar Smile

This didnt work for me, Just ended up f*cking up the mount
Will have a go at this tomorrow!
Impact driver, torx bit and BFH works for me
Dum-Dum Wrote:This didnt work for me, Just ended up f*cking up the mount

Its f*cked anyway if your changing it though right it so who gives a shit? its worth a try if he can't get it out IMO and it worked fine for me Smile
Screw-driver hammered against the brass base at a slight angle will knock it round quite easily, otherwise you lose 2/3 of the kinetic energy from the hit into the sodding rubber. Chain-whip or oil-filter wrench will do it too.
Connor Wrote:
lewisdmz Wrote:don't try and use a cheap plastic screwdriver, that definitely won't work...i heard...

You mean you heard as the handle snapped and spintered into your hand? lol

Yes and all over the engine, aux belt. :dance:
Cheers guys!
Poodle you must of had a dodgy mount cos the 3 rubber notches are just a tiny coating of rubber over metal so i could get a good whack on mine.
Quite possibly tbf, think the one i tried bashing like that was an ebay special now you mention it...
eBay specials ftw!
Pages: 1 2 3