306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Request: Videos of zorst' noise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting a little fed up with how loud the gti is for daily driving and how much attention it brings.. if it doesn't quieten down after resealing it again then i'm tempted to put a standard rear can back on...

So, my true question.. Does anyone have any vids of a '6 with a decat, straight through centre but a standard back box?

Thanks!
I think sam had a set up like that on his 1.8
1.8 though... Plus when i heard it he had a 'hole'y' centre section iirc
Ed had a standard exhaust with a decat on his Diablo, don't know if he has any videos or not though
Ah ok, cheers mate, hopefully ed see's this
I've bought myself a Pugsport exhaust with a decat and the noise is a very nice rasp, no loud boom at all. I'll grab a video of the sound this weekend Smile
That'd be great mate, how loud is it driving about normally? I don't mind it being fairly loud on full chat i'm just fed up of it sounding like i'm ragging it when i'm only easing on the throttle lol
Nice and subtle to be fair mate, comes on song when giving her beans. Ill sort you a vid on the Gopro lol
Sweet, nice one bud Smile How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
The cat back was £300 and the decat was £50 second hand

The exhaust is a genuine Pugsport item so worth it IMO Smile
Have you got a mid box? if not id recommend putting one in before you go putting a restrictive back box on , have you seen inside a standard back box? :O

Also my scorpion isn't loud atall , Big Grin good system and cheap 2nd hand
I can't find one 2nd hand though J, they're all 350+ ! Ahh fair enough eskii .. am intrigued to hear what it sounds like.. and I haven't got a mid box no.. but I believe the mid only cuts out high pitched noise and rasp anyway

Tbh, it's blowing at the clamp at the end of the decat so I think that's causing it so be more noisy than it should be.. I'll get that sorted first, it wasn't top bad before it startedblowing but a full sstainless system would be nice..
I know it's on a derv, but i'm currently running a decat downpipe to a midbox, and then no more pipe at all after the hanger. Sounds really good on boost, but it's nice and quiet idling/low revs/part throttle.
Want to buy my mid sport long life? Big Grin