306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Rev Counter fail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically my rev counter operates when it wants to, it sometimes completely stops working while on the move but only seems to happen under 2000rpm
it doesnt usually work cold start first thing in the morning, it also starts playing up if i have no throttle while going down a hill and the engine gets cold (like 70 degrees temp reading)

i dont know whether it needs some increased voltage over normal for it to work like its encountering resistance??
if you can tell i dont do electrics, yet i buy a french car.....

any help would be awesome!
Is it electric on the Phase 1 or cable like the speedo? Maybe just needs unplugging and reconnecting?
To the left of the fuel filter there is a white/grey plug, take that apart and spray some electrical contact cleaner onto it if it looks grubby/corroded. If not it may me a case of removing the sensor behind the engine (15 minute job) just loosen the 10mm bolt clamping the sensor in the holder and give it a wipe off, I think metal filings are attracted to it via magnetic fields of the sensor and dirt can cause it to fail. If none of this helps your problem, go to the scrappy and get a second hand one for pennys Smile

Hope this helps Smile