306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: HELP Rear ARB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lowering my 306 - managed to get the plastic bung out nicely both ends, sprayed up like mad with plusgas. L Found a M8 bolt and tightened it right up on the drivers side of the car and thr plate still wnt budge! Shall it give the bolt a good smack with the hammet or try and lever the plate on passenger side??

Quick responce would be very helpful Wink

Cheers

Think ive sussed it!!
Pretty sure you have to pop the passengers one off pal and pull the arb out the drivers side
M8? Im sure it was a old wheel bolt i used and there M12

Edit: it dose not matter what side you do, it can come out both sides
99% its not m12 haha! Pretty funny u should say that because I thought about the wheel nut but wasnt going in properly. Got my m8 to grab me a m12 bolt and started slowly sheering the drivers side plate! Ended up tapping it to m12 but plate still didnt budge!

No way of lowering it unless i got a slide hammer on torsion bars.

Standard shock are better seised in but would help if i had some sort of flexy wrench!! What a waste of half a day Sad
sorry mate but it's definitely an M12 bolt you should use
Maybe i should have tried passenger side and it might have gone in Sad

[attachment=7503]

[Image: e8ara2yd.jpg]
It's an M12x1.5 bolt to pop the end plate off, aka a Ford wheel bolt or a 306 front caliper bolt, NOT a Peugeot wheel bolt. The M8 thread is for pulling the ARB back onto the end plate on reassembly.
As above & M8 is used to pull the torsion bars out