306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Fitting new master cylinder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fittng my new brakes tomorrow with a new master cylinder. I take it it's just a case of undoing the two pipes, undoing the two bolts and just swapping them over?

Also with regards to bleeding, I assume it's pretty much the same as you would bleed them if you were just swapping the calipers? But just keep going until it stops taking fluid from the master cylinder resivoir?
Bleeding brakes never has been a strong point of mine haha
If you are doing the mc then you will have to bleed all 4 corners really bud
Jonny b Wrote:If you are doing the mc then you will have to bleed all 4 corners really bud

Oh pain in the arse! Think I will check the rear bleed nipples first then as I've never touched them!
Wanna come and do it for me Jonny? I hate bleeding brakes lol.
Could come to mine bud, no probs
Soak her nipples in in plusgas for a day prior though ha ha oooeerr missus
Haha nah it's ok. Got the old man to help me. Cheers for the offer!
I think they should be ok as the garage that I bought the car from did a full brake fluid change just before I bought the car and that was just over a year ago so we should be good. If not, I will soak them and do them on Sunday. Missus will love me haha!
Soak em anyway. Cant do any harm
4WayDiablo Wrote:Soak em anyway. Cant do any harm

Exactly. Might put it off till next weekend now. Will see how I feel in the morning lol