306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Smartphones?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right, I hate my iPhone and I've just given notice on my Orange contract, so I'm after a new phone. I never go for the latest because I'm not paying £50 a month just for a slightly better camera and sharper screen, so I've been looking around and I think I'm leaning toward a Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-mobile, 24 month contract, 500 mins, unlimited Internet and texts and a free Kindle Fire HD for £26 a month.

Main things I want:

Big screen for forums
Easy keyboard
Good battery
Decent sat nav functions
Quicker than my crappy iPhone

Good choice? Or would anyone recommend anything else?
Given the choice I went with the HOX, mainly because the S3 just feels cheap and flimsy to me. Whereas mine's been dropped, fallen out of my pocket whilst working on the car countless times and it's still spot on... albeit bruised.

That said, there isn't much in it (the HTC also looks better IMO) probably apart from slightly better battery life with the Samsung.
As curt said, the Samsungs are cheap and nasty. When i went to get my One, the shop assistant was trying to flog me a S4. He went and got the demo one from out back and it was cheap, creaky and not nice at all. Felt like it would of broken if i had of gripped it slightly too hard!
Still using a S2 and updated it to 4.1.2! Love it and cant go wrong for £150
I was looking at the HTC One but it was like £42 for the same deal, just can't justify the extra. I had a go with an S3 and didn't find it too flimsy, and I have an iPhone...
I'm not talking about the One, I was talking about One X... If they have a deal for an S3 they should do one for that, should be the same if not less
nexus 4. look into them! not very well advertised phone and a massive bang for the buck?!
samsung galaxy note?
Htc 8x ftw. Had it 3 months and love it.

big screen loads of memory and is really fast.

payin £32 a month and gettin unlimited texts and calls to other virgon mobiles unlimeted txt and 500mins to other numbers and 500 mb internet

its a good phone and a million times better than a i phone
(29-05-2013, 10:52 PM)Curt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not talking about the One, I was talking about One X... If they have a deal for an S3 they should do one for that, should be the same if not less

Hmm, might have a look at that. Better than an S3 you reckon?

(29-05-2013, 11:01 PM)karl1989 Wrote: [ -> ]samsung galaxy note?

I saw them as well, bit big for me.
I got the note 2 on ee 4g. Absolutely love it after owning every series of iphone. The 4g internet is very quick. Recieved 40mb once
Ive got the galaxy s 3 and have had since it came out... at first i was a bit worried as i treat phones like shit . but after dropping ot multiple times ( in a case ) its still completely fine and in all fairness a bloody good phone j cant fault it.... my girlfriends just got the s3 mini as she liked me phone so much and its lasted me so long .. make sure u get a case tho as its looked after mine well Smile
I had the one x and it was a good phone but I much prefer my s3. Carnt grumble for the money.
Either, the HTC One, Galaxy S4 or the Sony Xperia Z. They are the top smart phones at the momemt, but each have strengths and weaknesses.
Youve just described a galaxy note 2, massive screen! Amazing phone
Galaxy S4 on 3 35 a month unlimited data on 4g its rdoid quicker than your average broadband
Liam, check carphone warehouse, everywhere i went to wanted £42 a month for my HTC One with crappy minutes and internet.. carphone warehouse on network 3, free HTC One, unlimited internet and texts and 500 minutes a month for £29.. plus when 3 gets there 4g network running (end of this year) you'll be upgraded to 4g internet for free.. a massive bonus if you've already got the unlimited internet option Wink

HTC One, epic screen, decent battery life, very good build quality, epic camera, AMAZING speakers (for a phone IMO) etc... S4 didn't do it for me at all.. screen is far too oversaturated IMO
(30-05-2013, 08:55 AM)CJ_Derv Wrote: [ -> ]Galaxy S4 on 3 35 a month unlimited data on 4g its rdoid quicker than your average broadband

Three don't offer a 4G plan, so it's not any quicker than other networks because thats a 3G nework.

The only network that currently offers 4G/LTE is the EE network.
Everyone else will roll out their 4G networks later this year.
They do however offer access to HSPA+ which is faster than HSPA and 3G but not as fast as 4G.. Still almost 20meg which isn't bad considering.. EE/Orange don't offer ANY unlimited data plan on 4G networks and all the others are pretty much £ra*e.99
Thing is with all these smartphones, most of the stuff they brag about is pointless.
An example. My mates s3 worked out where he worked, when he was on his way and when he arrived at work. Wtf is the point of that?

Why I now have an iPhone, everything you need in a simple, easy to use format.
(30-05-2013, 09:33 AM)declantg Wrote: [ -> ]Thing is with all these smartphones, most of the stuff they brag about is pointless.
An example. My mates s3 worked out where he worked, when he was on his way and when he arrived at work. Wtf is the point of that?

Why I now have an iPhone, everything you need in a simple, easy to use format.

Mine does the same dec, it's a feature called google now.. means if theres a traffic jam etc.. up ahead it alerts you before you get to it etc.. has loads of random cool features once you know how to use it
Ive had 32mb on this so far so if thats not 4g il look forward to getting it later this year but I went with 3 as they are totally unlimited data unlike other networks
Not TOTALLY unlimited CJ, as Andy found out... used over 1TB of data and got a MASSIVE bill lol their fair useage policy states up to 999GB a month i believe
Tbh im not that daft to use 1TB lol as broadband at work and home lol just handy to not be capped like I kept getting on o2 lol
In all fairness i think he was using his phone as a router that month lol so that'd explain it.. i don't even download that much a month over fibre broadband lol
Ahh I see, im wondering about tethering as when signed up it was an additional 5 a month for it but can they tell? As would only be for tablet or lappy now and then
Jesus 1tb
I'm not sure tbh.. i know they blocked his phone from doing it for a while, if it's rooted probably not because their are little hacks around that sort of thing..
(30-05-2013, 10:26 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: [ -> ]In all fairness i think he was using his phone as a router that month lol so that'd explain it.. i don't even download that much a month over fibre broadband lol

Plus unlimited data almost never includes tethering unless you spec it up

As for phones. Im currently waiting for the S4 Active to appear or maybe wait for the wave of snapdragon 800 chips to roll out at 2.3ghz+

If I'd go for one now. Smanfa has the xperia z and its pretty smart. Only thing I've seen is the screen doesn't have the widest viewing angle... Plus its waterproof.
Amazing seeing peoples faces as you dunk it in a pint of water haha

And you can get all of the latest flagship smart phones for ~35 a month (unlimited data and texts with decent mins) on tmobile
A Terrabyte in one month?? was he hosting a Warez server or something?
Pages: 1 2