306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Water problems!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so fitted a catch tank a few weeks ago and I've just been out to the car to have a look at something and noticed the hose on the side of the tank was filled half way....with water!
Before anyone says it, temperatures are perfect, no oil in water or vice versa. I can't work out what's going on! I know they are quite wet engines but I never had that problem before I fitted the tank....I don't think!

Any ideas?
Condensation?
I would say its just condensation building up bud as you don't use it all the time!! Need to get me a catch tank as my oil cap is constantly full of mayo! And heads been tested, only goes when I take her on a f*cking good run
Jonny b Wrote:I would say its just condensation building up bud as you don't use it all the time!! Need to get me a catch tank as my oil cap is constantly full of mayo! And heads been tested, only goes when I take her on a f*cking good run

I am hoping your right to be honest. It doesn't help that recently it has only done short journeys and it has been bloody cold but half a tank seemed a bit excessive so I'm starting to worry lol
Definitely condensation. My oil cap is covered in gunky stuff and the head gasket was done less then 1k ago!
If you have no oil in water or other way round, no loss of performance or pressurisation of coolant i wouldn't worry bud
TbH it's getting a rebuild anyway so even if it was a gasket, I would be replacing it soon anyway! Just worried me a bit when I saw it lol
The problem with a catch tank is you see what you normally wouldn't so start worrying ha ha
It worries me too mate and my tank definately needs emptying as its over half full of water.

Im amazed how much water its finding to catch TBH, I know its condensation but where does it all come from?
Mostly draws it out the air especially in the winter months
Ah well empty it today when I do my quickshift. If its not frozen in there lol
NiallHarper Wrote:Ah well empty it today when I do my quickshift. If its not frozen in there lol

Your supposed to be doing the brakes not your quick shift numptybollox
I dont think mine freezes cos there is still a little oil in there.
Nah not doing my brakes till next weekend. Need to finish cleaning them up and get the rear caliper bleed nipples soaked.

Oh and it's cold outside....at least half of doing the quick shift is inside the car lol
NiallHarper Wrote:Nah not doing my brakes till next weekend. Need to finish cleaning them up and get the rear caliper bleed nipples soaked.

Oh and it's cold outside....at least half of doing the quick shift is inside the car lol

Did you do your quick shift then bud?
Nope I didn't. I ordered another gear stick to butcher however I'm getting very impatient so I'm tempted just to go and do it now! Haha
Go and do it and let me know how hard/easy it is then I will try mine!
Give me a f*cking chance! I'm sorting my blower motor at the mo
NiallHarper Wrote:Give me a f*cking chance! I'm sorting my blower motor at the mo

Get on with it ya big girl