306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Recommend me a turbo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to find a suitable turbo for my purposes and am struggling to find useful info - compressor maps and the like - on the newer, more efficient turbos. Was hoping somebody has some better access to info than i do and can help me find something. My requirements:

Non-vnt
Quick spooling, full boost by 2500rpm at worst
High boost ability, comfortable with regular spikes of 25psi

Top-end flow rate is not particularly important, looking for peak performance around the 5-10lb/min range. At the moment my only options seem to be the k03 or gt15, neither of which are exactly new lol, so any ideas or pointers would be very welcome.
Gt2056.
Gt2256.

Could go a buy smaller too.

Gt2052.
GT18's arn't a bad shout.
I'd be concerned that with a '22 you'll be wasting potential given the hdi powerbands.
Those are a tad large Mark, thanks though.

Ginge, don't suppose you've got any comp maps or other empirical data on the gt18..?
Afraid not; but I'm sure the majority are VNT.

There's a little something ninja I found when searching endlessly. I'm just hitting the sack, I'll link you some bits tomorrow x
I doubt the gt2052 is to big depending on what map you are running.
Yeah certainly hadn't found many non-vnts before. That'd be rad, cheers mate. Smile

Mark, for my purposes it is on the very limit of what i would consider acceptable spool and response, the standard gt1546 would be a better match tbh.

Yeah, just double-checked the comp map, peak efficiency is 10-15lb/min.
GT1752, i personally would go for a '20 though. Not exactly a large turbo...
have you considered a T2?
Go big or go home Smile
GT1444Z fits your bill worryingly well.
(29-05-2013, 12:11 AM)Ruan Wrote: [ -> ]GT1444Z fits your bill worryingly well.

thats the one off the new landrover disco isnt it?
HP turbo off a 3.0 tdv\sdv6\v6 hdi

I know you don't want a VNT, but seriously, a GTC1444VZ would be unbelievable... Off a Volvo D2 iirc... Also comes on some low power 2.0TDis...
Would it be possiable to put a super charger on a hdi?
Anything is possible with enough time and money.. IMO a pointless excersise though given how quickly modern VNT's spool
What im getting should be good.

If not 1752 or a KO3S
People haven't quite read this thread I dont think...

Or at least understand lb\min @ PR...
(28-05-2013, 10:22 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]have you considered a T2?

Such a dick. -_-

Thanks guys, but Ruan's right: either you havent read the question or dont understand what im asking for.

Tbh Ru, with the prices those gtc1244vzs are going for im struggling to deny you...
(29-05-2013, 12:30 PM)Poodle Wrote: [ -> ]
(28-05-2013, 10:22 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: [ -> ]have you considered a T2?

Such a dick. -_-

Thanks guys, but Ruan's right: either you havent read the question or dont understand what im asking for.

Tbh Ru, with the prices those gtc1244vzs are going for im struggling to deny you...

Meh, it was either troll or nothing lol
Made me lol. Wink