306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Power steering leak.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive located the vague area that I think its coming from the inner wheel is this possible? Whats the best way about fixing it if it anywhere else
Will be the ram. If yours still has it, pull the bag back off it and see if it is oily. They go down hill rapidly. I had my gti for 400 miles and within that time, I lost 1.5 litres of oil then suddenly on a roundabout turning in hard, it Shat the seal big time and dumped the entire contents of the ram and HP hose on the roundabout and sent me a bit sideways lol.
Whats the best way to go about getting that sorted is it something thats doable on the drive?
Yeah easy you need a new ram from the same model as your car. Undo the two HP unions (need asmall spanner. Bit fiddly wwith the subframe in the way) then undo a bolt on either end of the ram and replace. Took me about 45 minutes to do mine and I rounded one of the unions off.
Thats doesnt sound to bad then. Are the sided at all or will it fit left or right? Found this one on ebay any any chance it would replace a hdi?
No link there mate. Get one from the same phase and not from a gti (unless you have a gti) and it will fit.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...1274408172
my bad. Ill have a ring round in the week see if there are any about
If it's for your hdi, don't buy that ram. It's the ram that restricts the right hand lock on the gtis. Get one from a hdi. Then it will be the right pressure and correct lock to lock. Not to mention that one is expensive!
Like Niall said, I bought a complete rack used off eBay from a hdi, took ram off in the front yard and did it on ramps outside the house, simples really, apart from I rounded the lower hydraulic hose so was a PITA to get my hands up the limited space to swap over with the ones on the donor rack but essentially a really easy job, 2 big bolts and 2 hydraulic hoses, bolt off bolt on.

Also inc postage my donor rack with ram was only a smidge over £20 inc delivery :-)
Seems a much better price ill start trawling for a donor